Sleeping through the night

Shan

Hello!
I have an 18 week old (12lbs) little male cocker, Henry. He is doing great and is fully potty trained, no accidents in over 1 month.

He does well at sleeping in his crate and sleeping in general, but he is still waking up in the night to go potty. He usually goes to bed around 9-10 and wakes up between 4:30-6 to go potty. When he wakes up and whines, I take him out he goes pee and poop right away and then comes straight to the back door and goes back to sleep usually after some scratching and self-grooming for a min or two.

Should I just wait it out or is there anything I can do to have him sleep until 7 when is our wake up time and his Bfast time.

Thank you!

Shan I think he's doing great! I wouldn't mess with perfection.

Ok thanks, I read all these websites and every one says a different age, but since cockers are smaller I know his bladder cant be too big! Haha

I'm sure our other members will chime in soon Shan, they will have more to say. I have only had one puppy here, he's my brown boy Pye 1 1/2 now.

He's still a pretty little boy and I think puppies are like babies, some sleep through the night quicker than others but after a while they're all sleeping all night.

PS. He sounds like he's doing great. He obviously needs to go potty because he gets up and then goes right back to sleep.

Back