Thank You

KLADCkrs

Owned by
3 cockers
Today I received a most beautiful gift. It brought me to tears and to my knees. It's hard to see, but it was a collaborative effort - several people wrote on strips of fabric and then the quilt was assembled.

Thank you Polly Bennett, Heather Minnemann, Karen Bee, Linda Ackerman, Dianne Goodfellow, Manuel Villanueva, Dee Dee Heydon Suarez, Deborah Kelch, Robin Shepard, Nancy McBride and Nicole Tehranchi. I will never, ever forget your generosity. It means the world to me.

p1109715837-4.jpg

The loss of Farley has hit me so hard. Just in the past couple of weeks have I started to come out of the haze I was in. Oh, I functioned, but I felt like I was on auto-pilot. I'm still struggling mightily with depression, but I am winning the battle. Having the quilt to hang onto last night as I was falling asleep made it just a tiny bit easier. I am still blown away by the kindness and generosity of my friends here.

At one point or another we have all had that "special" kid in our lives. I was lucky to have 2 -- Kara (my chow-spitz mix) and Libby...both losses nearly killed me. I know Polly remembers my Lib. I think we can all understand needing time. It sounds to me that our gift came at the perfect time, to keep you warm when you came out of your fog. We love you Kelly and I'm glad you have had LB to see you through and that LB loved Farley too so he could understand your loss and see you through.

Back