New Routine Advice.

Nick

Hello Everyone,

We just brought home a 10 week old ACS puppy, Sir Samuel Samuelson, aka Sammy. He is now the little brother to our 4 year old yorkie, Izzy. We are crate training him and want to get him on a schedule.

My fiancé get up 6 days a week for work around 5am. So he will take him out then for potty breaks. Should we feed him and give him water after that, then put him back in crate. I usually get up around 9am. So I can take him back out and give him a walk. I work different hours everyday. While my fiancé has a set schedule. So far he has done pretty well. He likes to whine and bark when he is first put in his crate but settles down. We always free fed Izzy and left her water out but she is pee pad trained.... We definitely want to train Sammy to go potty outside so should we have him on a eating/ water schedule?

Welcome Nick and Sammy! We would love to see pictures of both Sammy and Izzy when you have time. Sounds to me like you are on the right track
with Sammy's training. So do you get to go home during the day to let Sammy out?
I am not a pro with puppies, I have only raised one, my last baby who will be 2 next month. But When training we did keep him on a schedule. And, since
I'm home all the time, I only used the crate for nights and main naps at first. Good luck with your new baby.

Back