The KLAD Kids

KLADCkrs

Owned by
3 cockers
Thought I'd update everybody on the crew here at Chez KLAD. Right now it resembles a three ring circus more than a happy home, but that'll change once Sylvie is out of season.

Jack Jack - my ready-steady dog - earned his Altered Championship in style with two Best In Altered Specialty Show wins and a Best In Group Altered a week and a half ago. We started on this journey three years ago (I think), and since Altered (for spayed/neutered dogs) isn't offered very often, it has taken this long to get the 10 points he needed for the title. He has won 5 or 6 Best In Altered Specialty shows, along with winning Best IN Group Altered four times and a 2nd In Group Altered. Breeder judges have loved him, commenting on what great condition he's in (well-muscled) and one judge went as far as to say that nothing else in the ring compared to him. Since there's no class for Altered Champions to show in (once they finish their title I guess they are expected to quit showing), he will retire from showing except at specialties, where he can play in Veterans and Cut Down Sweepstakes. He loves to show, but he's equally as happy at home with me.

p1260269589-4.jpg

p1260273577-4.jpg

Sylvie - I only showed her in the specialties as she still doesn't have a ton of coat (although she looks fabulous for a girl that was shaved down during the Christmas holidays). She practically shows herself - I was just along for the ride. Saturday's judge didn't care for her, but on Sunday she won the Open class and went Reserve Winners Female (second best of the non-champion girls). I look forward to showing her once her coat comes in a bit more, as I received many compliments on her at the shows. Thank you Steph for sharing her with me.

p1260273767-4.jpg

Opie - I only showed him at the specialties as I had my hands full with other things. On Saturday he went Best Bred By Exibitor at the National specialty, which was exciting for me. On Sunday he was Reserve Winners Dog (they didn't offer a Best Bred By Exhibitor award on Sunday). This is two weeks after his very first show here in Calgary where he was Winners Dog, Best of Winners and Best Puppy in Breed for his first 2 points. I'm very proud of the little man.

p1260269475-4.jpg

p1260271566-4.jpg

Kermit - only ran scent hurdle, thank God, and he did quite well with that. He ran with dogs he doesn't know and made very few mistakes. He has earned his Scent Hurdle Dog Champion title, as well as earning his Rally Novice title earlier this year. He is almost ready to compete for his Companion Dog (CD) title and is in training for Open and Utility (advanced obedience) work.

p1260269549-4.jpg

p1260270324-4.jpg

Fernando - the visitor - he is bred and owned by my friend Jen, just here to be shown because her regular handler in the US couldn't take him when Jen was ready to send him and she was going to take his coat off. I showed him at the four all-breed shows and two specialties and he did just fine. He took Winners Dog and Best of Winners at one of the all-breed shows for his first three points here in Canada, so just 7 more to go. Hopefully we can find some competition for him.

p1260272931-4.jpg

p1260272647-4.jpg

What a wonderful group Kelly. JackJack looks so good, congrats on his great shoing. Opie is so cute! Kermit and Sylvie also look great. I love that shot of Kermit with his bell in his mouth. Such Joy. Fernando is a dream, I'm sure you will finish him in no time.

Nice to hear from you Kelly, I have missed you and your crew.

Congratulations on ALL of the kids successes. Love seeing all the photos.

Welcome back! A lot has changed. Jack Jack is the only dog I know. They're all beautiful!

Sorry. He does sound familiar now that you mention it. I hadn't been following the forum like I should have.

Back