Myself and Lucky!

No Lucky isn't a merle, he's a Brown Parti. My Brown boy, Pye also has almost hazel eyes, the brown dogs can it is a breed standard.
Pye's grandsire also a brown, had dark brown eyes, but Pye's sire has the hazel. I wasn't sure with Lucky because his color is a
little hard to see in the photos :D

Here are a few facial shots of my Pye
January2012Dec2013118_zpsbnxgvihd.jpg
GreatPyePogs1_zpsaglscrid.jpg

No Lucky isn't a merle, he's a Brown Parti. My Brown boy, Pye also has almost hazel eyes, the brown dogs can it is a breed standard.
Pye's grandsire also a brown, had dark brown eyes, but Pye's sire has the hazel. I wasn't sure with Lucky because his color is a
little hard to see in the photos :D

This is probably the best I have of his eyes. He is not a fan of the camera.

Attachments

• 1444320451728.jpg
    1444320451728.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18
Alright, and here's another question. his papers only say 'cocker spaniel/spaniel mix'. But we've already determined he's a spaniel. Do you guys think he's American or English cocker spaniel? I'm leaning more towards American. If it helps he weighs at about 22.5 pounds.

QUOTE="manuel, post: 116174, member: 1"]Weight can vary but I'd say he strongly resembles an American cocker spaniel.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking. Lucky is still a bit of a mystery to me. He's the first cocker spaniel I've owned. And there's not much info on him from the shelter.

Yes, Merles have very light eyes, they are usually blue though. The Browns though do have the light eyes. Lucky looks to be brown and white. That would explain the light eyes. Even some blacks with brown breeding behind them might have the light eyes.

Back