Gorgeous Sunday and...

Mel Blacke

I am trying to come down with a rhinovirus (I think), So I had to cancel my plans and lay around all day napping here and there so I will (hopefully) be on the mend by tomorrow. Usually, I can outrun these things if I just get enough rest. The cool part is that my 8 month old puppy has napped dutifully all day with me instead of making everyone nuts because I am home from work. If my dogs figure out that I am not going to work, then they are fairly bouncing with anticipation of doing fun things. I swear she knows that I don't feel tip top and she has kept her shenanigans to a minimum. I was more energetic this morning so I saw the she and the beagle had a run in the park to start their day and then the two of them have napped with me and laid on the couch with me all day long. What great dogs I have!

We are going to try to test out of the first obedience class so anyone reading this: Please say a prayer for us. It would be most convenient and far less boring. We have been sharpening our skills and trying to proof our behaviors. I am really intimidated by this because I haven't done anything like this before and have no idea what to expect.

You'll be fine. And, I hope you feel better. Tonight B4 you go to bed, put vapor rub on your feet, and wear a pair of socks to bed. It sounds crazy, but it works.

Hope you get well soon and good luck on your class. Dogs are the best medicine.

I've noticed my dogs act real distant when I leave for work. It's like they don't want you to leave and they're doing their best to remain calm. There's days when I go to work only to find I wasn't scheduled. Hoshi's all excited and surprised when I show up back home.

Much better. Never came down with the cold. Symptoms went away over the weekend but I was as right as rain on Tuesday. Thanks for asking. However, never a dull moment at Casa Mel: Wednesday, a small bottle of soy sauce fell out of the fridge door when my sister opened it. The bottle fell out and the hard red cap split and Fiona snarfed a piece of plastic. We tried to get it out of her mouth. I am pretty sure that she ate a piece of the hard plastic cap because we could hear it clinking against her molars. My sister then cleans up the mess (and throws out the broken cap---not a good idea) while I call the vet. The vet tech said to give her bread, which I did and we wait and see. Wednesday comes and when I get home from work, she throws up yellow stuff at 3 pm with some pieces of her morning kibble when I get home from work. I take her up to the vet, they do an xray. I dug through the garbage to find the cap pieces to determine exactly how big the piece was that she ate and take it to the vet's with me. The good news is that she had her bordatella shot and everything turned out okay, the bad news is that she missed her evaluation. Oh well---at this point I am satisfied that she is none the worse for the wear. The evaluation can wait.

Back