Back to the drawing board

dizzy

I thought I had found a breeder. Last I heard from him, he was taking his dog to a repro vet. After waiting for about 3 months, I finally e-mailed him wanting to know if he had puppies. Well, they had to do an emergency spay, so no puppies. :disappointed: They co-own a dog that they're planning on breeding, but it's in Wisconsin! That's a bit too far (OK, a LOT too far) for me to go and see the pups.

So, now I'm back looking for a breeder. There's one other breeder of solid colors in this area, but I've never been able to contact her. I send her an e-mail, and delivery fails.

Sorry it didn't work out. I admire the research you've put into getting a pup.

My birthday is the end of the month. I was hoping I'd find one by then as a birthday present. After all, that's how I got my horse. At times, I get so discouraged. I know I could find a pup if I got one from a puppy mill, but I won't do that.

Found another breeder! I don't know how I missed seeing this one B4. But, she's not that far away, maybe 2 hours drive tops! She's planning a breeding later this spring. So, since I wanted a puppy in late summer or fall, if she has one available, it just may work out!

If I get one, it probably won't be until fall. Gotta wait for them to be born, then weaned. But, w/as long as I've been wanting a pup, I'm sure I'll bore ya all w/all the pics I post.

Hi Dizzy - do you mind me asking what breeder you had found who was going to breed a dog in WI? I am located there and have been trying to find a reputable breeder.

I don't recall now who it was. And since the person co-owned the dog w/someone in PA., you may not have been able to find the name. Where you looking for an English Cocker? If so, here's a link to breeders from the ECSCA website. English Cocker Spaniel Club of America, Inc.

I'm disappointed again. The person I had found that was hoping to have pups for this fall found that their dog didn't take. I've tried to e-mail a couple of other people in the area only to have the e-mails come back as undeliverable. My hubby is getting ready to work some long hours for about 2 months, which means I'll be home alone and inside since it will get dark early. I'm always so lonely when he works these hours, and was really looking forward to having a puppy to alleviate the loneliness. Now, it's back to the drawing board again.

Last edited:
That ESCA website was how I started the list to investigate the breed and ultimately why I chose a puppy. A friend of mine recommended that I go with a breeder of merit and I could not have had a better experience.

Back