Thread: Polar Opposites

Owned By
    2 cockers
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries

Post Polar Opposites

On March 10th, I had to make a very hard decision to get my husky/german shepard put down. He has been known to slip his collar and roam the 300 acres for days on end. It didn't matter what we bought, he would slip every collar we put him in and chew thru every harness we bought. We tried kenneling him but he tore the metal kennel to shreds. The guy we rent our house from has cows and had talked to us about seeing a red dog with a white tipped tail (fit Bastian's colors perfect) out chasing the newborn calves and nicely let us know that he was hurting the calves. One afternoon we caught him trying to kill a baby calf right in front of our eyes, so once we caught him, we ended up taking him to the vet and getting him put down. Cowman, as we call the guy who has cows on the property, came back and talked to us and we explained that we had Sebastian put down to protect the calves and the future calves. Thinking back on it now when Bastian was out missing for 3 days, I had seen 2 dead calves in the back of Cowman's truck during the time Bastian was out missing.
    A few days after Josh decided he couldn't live up at the house by himself, so he decided to go get Apollo's sister. We picked her up on the 18th and brought her home. Apollo is the pup that has the absolute most personality, he's hyper and constantly on the move. It doesn't matter how much you throw the tennis ball or his toy, or how much time he spends rough housing with Moon, he just simply doesn't tire out. Moon on the other hand is docile and would much rather just lay around and chew bones and sleep. When we got her, she was very shy and secluded, but now she is really starting to come out of her shell. Moon stays by Apollo's side more than she is not. We've noticed that she sometimes runs straight into things that she's looking directly at. I did the menace test on her and she didn't blink out of either eye.
    But other than the few times she bumps into stuff she seems to get around pretty well. She doesn't like it when Apollo isn't close by. She's getting spayed and her shots soon and we've started slowly switching her to Blue Wilderness. After we bathed her and shaved her down she smelled and looked a whole lot better. Moon has put on a little bit of weight since we got get, which is good because she was kinda on the skinny side once we shaved all the hair off. When we fed her her first meal she sucked it down really fast, but now she has slowed down her eating. We feed both kids in their kennels so neither dog has to worry about each other stealing food. I'll have to post some videos of Apollo and Moon rough housing, it's adorable.

This is Moon when we first brought her home before the bath, ear cleaning, and shaving.

Moon is half the size of Apollo, she takes after her mom who is a small cocker.

Another size comparison picture

Our black and tan little girl
    Last edited by Apollo_Moon; 03-29-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Grammar

Owned By
    2 cockers
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries

Chillin in the back of the truck for the first time

Laying on Big Brother :3

Sleepy girl

Taking a nap next to Apollo <3

Owned By
    1 cocker
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries
    Pet Profiles

I am sorry to hear about Bastian. Apollo and Moon look great together. Please get Apollo spayed soon. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Gabby's MCS Profile
    Hoshi's MCS Profile
    Create your own MCS Profiles
    Add pictures to your post
    There's no doubt about it. Dogs are nicer than people. ~Andy Rooney

Owned By
    2 cockers
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries

Apollo gets neutered on the 6th. I forgot to put that in. It's the earliest the spay/neuter clinic could get me in.

Owned By
    2 cockers
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries
    Pet Profiles

Love the pic with their tongues hanging out. What a nice looking pair.
    Randy and the boys
    Butters 01/97...01/11-- Our first cocker
    Buddy 01/94...08/08 -- Our little FooFoo boy
    R. J. 02/06
    Rusty 01/08
    Ruben 01/09

Owned By
    1 cocker
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries
    Pet Profiles

Sorry to hear that you had to lose a dog. I hope your new furry bundle of joy brings you lots of happiness!

Owned By
    2 cockers
    Thanks/Likes
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys. These two are definitely a special pair