Yes, We will be pre-medicating her before her shots and then I will be watching to make sure the reaction doesn't get out of hand afterwards. You are right - A reaction like this is not to be taken lightly. Given the reaction from the vet - I could tell it was very serious - and I am happy that she made it through. Does anyone else not vaccinate their dogs? and is it safe to take them outside if they are not fully vacinated? I take our big dog to a dog park in a near by neighbourhood and have been dying to take Sadie with me but have been waiting until she is vaccinated as I would hate for her to get anything that is preventable. (Parvo, rabies, kennel cough).