memorial Beanie, December 6, 2016

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Years ago, when I went to my mom's in Toledo a small dog barked and growled at me with all his might. This was Beanie. This tiny portly dog was cold all the time and lived under a blanket on the sofa. Mom said she found him in the snow. He had a crippled rear left leg and hopped around on three legs.

Years later, mom had to move in with us because of her Alzheimers. She realized what the disease would do to her. She made me promise not to put Beanie down if anything happened to her, "He's a good dog." She loved Beanie more than anything--they were like family.

When mom's condition worsened I was able to find an assisted-living that accepted pets. They managed okay for years until mom reached the point she could no longer care for him. We took Beanie home and brought him to mom's during visits. He's been part of our home for years. Recently, Beanie was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He wasn't responding well to medication and I made the decision to put him to sleep.

You couldn't ask for a better dog. He was well behaved and got along well with Hoshi. He was Hoshi's best friend.

beanie_ice-1024x683.jpg
beanie_hoshi-1024x683.jpg

Oh Manuel I'm so sorry for your loss. I know he was with you for years. Fly high little Beanie

Offering my condolences. It is hard to lose our canine companions. It is funny that dogs get used to each other and miss having their friends. Is Hoshi acting like he misses his buddy?

Offering my condolences. It is hard to lose our canine companions. It is funny that dogs get used to each other and miss having their friends. Is Hoshi acting like he misses his buddy?
Thanks everyone. Hoshi seems to be taking it well. He's not running around looking for him. He saw Beanie pass away since I brought him along (for my moral support). Someone on the forum said Beanie looked like a toy Manchester terrier. I'm really not sure what he was.

Back