Brand Recommendations

Heath Darby

We are feeding our puppy grain free. Do you guys recommend any specific brand? What does your puppy like best? Thanks

I prepare Hoshi's meals myself but I had been feeding my mom's terrier Nutro brand. He did well and Nutro has grain free products. Nutro is pricey. I'm sure there's better products out there but it's a good start.

I homecook for my dogs dinner, in fact my 2 dogs and one cat eat the homecooked. I buy Tast of the Wild grainfree that I use for their breakfast about 2 to 3 times a week. Other days they get cottege cheese or yogurt.

Other days they get cottege cheese or yogurt.
I'm not sure if it's just Hoshi but he's not fond of yogurt. I might try cottage cheese. It's digestible because of the active cultures?

I'm not sure if it's just Hoshi but he's not fond of yogurt. I might try cottage cheese. It's digestible because of the active cultures?
My two are not fond of either, but, will eat it Manuel. Yes, they have no problems with digestion, and, Pogo has a sensitive stomach.

Louie eats Nutri Source, which is what the breeder had him on, but I'm thinking about switching brands because his stools are very soft and he poops so often. I don't think it's normal. Maybe he's allergic to chicken? I might try Earthborn Coastal..

Louie eats Nutri Source, which is what the breeder had him on, but I'm thinking about switching brands because his stools are very soft and he poops so often. I don't think it's normal. Maybe he's allergic to chicken? I might try Earthborn Coastal..
It wouldn't be a true allergy but an intolerance. If I give Hoshi chicken meat alone he has the same problem but adding bone slows his bowls down and his stool is normal. Go ahead and try different dog foods to see which one works best.

Back