Nervous weeing

Freddie19

We have a nearly 2 year old cocker spaniel and ever since he had his 6 month check up at the vets he wees when seeing people. This happens inside and out. Any advice?

We have a nearly 2 year old cocker spaniel and ever since he had his 6 month check up at the vets he wees when seeing people. This happens inside and out. Any advice?
Hi and welcome! First off, I would suggest another trip to the vets to be sure he doesn't have a UTI, then once you rule that out, you should train for submissive peeing. There are lots of training videos. Goodle it. Welcome!

My first cocker spaniel would be excited and pee every time I came home from work. He was a puppy though and outgrew it.

My girl is 1 year old and also excited pees when people talk to her. I’ve found that the only thing that works is for people to ignore her when they first come over and then after a few minutes when she calms down they can usually touch her without it happening. I know that’s not much help, but I’m hoping that in time she will get more confident with people and not do it anymore. I wish you luck. If you find anything that works I’d love to hear about it.

Back