After 72 Years

PuppyMom1

a cat person, my DH and I got a puppy. She's a sweet little merle pup, name of Lady. She just got her first vet checkup, and all is well. My whole family has been gobsmacked at my interacting with her. She's high energy but seems amenable to training (we have her signed up, but I use play time for training, just like human babies). We live in Roseburg, Oregon, USA. Now I have questions, the answers for which I shall search among the other threads. Looking forward to e-meeting all of you.

I can't believe you've gone this far without a dog. Congratulations on your new puppy. Hope you're staying safe in Oregon.

I can't believe you've gone this far without a dog. Congratulations on your new puppy. Hope you're staying safe in Oregon.
The smoke has been very, very bad, but we had RAIN last night and can finally see the hills again. We had family staying with us a few days that had been evacuated from up north.

I really love this pup, and she is certainly loving. I think the reason we never had a dog before is because of two things: 1. We were completely aware of the time and commitment involved to have a dog be his/her best, and happy. 2. The only dogs I was ever around as a kid were not only ill-behaved, but also spoiled rotten and often ill tempered. Lady has potty trained in less than 10 days, and she's already learning not to bite -- except her toys. She can tussle them about all she wishes. She's totally a baby, and we are using her play time to train her to command, but are also getting professional training. We are taking her on her first camping trip towards the end of the month, so we'll see how that goes. I think she'll be fine as long as her pack (my husband and I) are with her.

Glad to hear things are working out. Glad you were able to help our your relatives.

Welcome and welcome to the wonderful world of cockers. You were very lucky, the OR fires were horrible. My sister lives in lower OR, she was evacuated, her house was not lost thank goodness, but, a lot of her neighbors and friends lost everything.

Welcome and welcome to the wonderful world of cockers. You were very lucky, the OR fires were horrible. My sister lives in lower OR, she was evacuated, her house was not lost thank goodness, but, a lot of her neighbors and friends lost everything.
Sorry to hear that Polly. I didn’t know.

Back