memorial AM/Can Ch. Clinton Oaks Wizard of Oz ~ Feb 2, 2001 ~ May 18, 2010

Clinton Oaks

Owned by
5 cockers
It is with great sadness, the kind of sadness that everyone on this forum knows all to well, that I tell you of the passing of my all time favorite companion.

Marval was a great champion, the most perfect companion and an ambassador for the Cocker Spaniel breed.

As some of you know I found lumps on his neck mid April while grooming him. He was subsequently diagnosed with lymphoma. Due to an enlarged heart I elected not to do chemotherapy. That was the first hard decision I had to make...the second was when to say good bye. He did relatively well up until yesterday. I couldn't stand the thought of him failing anymore and losing his dignity. I was with him to the end.

Thank you to all of you who have learned of this on the champions list and your kind words. I appreciate every one of them and has made this much easier to handle. God Bless you all.

{{{Gina}}}}
I know how much he meant to you. I thank Kelly for letting us know. He was beautiful. I loved the picture you shared with me of him sitting on the back of a couch. I think you had your friend groom him for you. It was taken late this last winter.

{{{{{{Gina}}}}}}

It is so hard to let them go.

He has his wings now and is happy chasing butterflies at the bridge.

Our sincere condolences go out to you and all who knew and loved him. His legend will live long in your hearts and in his next generation of kids.

:heart:

Gina, my thoughts and prayers are with you . . . this is such a tough thing to deal with, with any dog. But with a heart dog, it's even tougher. I know you loved him and cherished your time with him - I wish that you'd had more of it.

Hugs

He left this world too soon and will be missed. I've seen him a couple times. He was so well behaved and handsome!

:candle:

(((Gina)))

So sorry for your loss, it is always a hard decision to send them on their way when our hearts tell us it is too soon. And too soon it was. RIP Marval...swift wings on to the bridge....stars to light your way.

again my deepest condolences...

Thank you all for your condolences...today was a much better day. I think its because I was comfortable with my decision.

Although there are moments that I think of him and get teary.
It sounds selfish but I miss his adoration of me...he followed me everywhere, I was as important to him as he was to me and his company is what I miss the most...even when I was alone...I wasn't.

Gina - my sincerest condolences. We know how much this hurts. It's the worst feeling in the world. Rest in peace little Marval.

Although there are moments that I think of him and get teary.
It sounds selfish but I miss his adoration of me...he followed me everywhere, I was as important to him as he was to me and his company is what I miss the most...even when I was alone...I wasn't.

He is with you still, Gina. He always will be...

((((GINA)))) You're still not alone. He's watching and waiting for you above now. Your newest guardian angel. I do know how you feel and each day will get a little better with time, but it does take time. You loved him enough to let him go. I respect you for that.
Swift wings great Champion Marval.

Back