Bad groom-Will my cockers hair grow back?

ZoëR

Hi all! I've just picked my gorgeous cocker spaniel up from a new groomers. I told her exactly what to do and how I like her is not shaved but scissor cut and thinned only at the sides, I've come back to a fluffy chopped spaniel that is certainly not the cut I asked for. I am really fussy as to my dog and feel this person has just charged a fortune for not listening to my request.

Will her coat grow back specifically the skirt and feathers??

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It may take months if her skirt was long but don't worry. It'll grow back.

Sorry that happened to you. Seems like some groomers just don't understand a cocker cut. It happened to me the first time I took my very first cocker in for a groom. I figured I would invest in
the tools, that I could do a better job then that! I have been grooming my own ever since.

Sorry that happened to you. Seems like some groomers just don't understand a cocker cut. It happened to me the first time I took my very first cocker in for a groom. I figured I would invest in
the tools, that I could do a better job then that! I have been grooming my own ever since.
Good for you.

Fi isn't that hard to do if you are not a chicken (like me). I was completely intimidated by the thought of grooming my own dog. My sister said she would figure out how and then teach me (her torso has never been shaved)to do it. It has taken me a long time but I am getting much better. Mostly the torso is done with a Mars Coat King when she gets a bath so that is easy, It took a long time before I could screw up the courage to shave her muzzle (esp. by her eyes) and the opposite end too. Scissoring the legs and feet is something that I caught onto pretty easily and so was shaving the ears on the inside...so that is like 80-90 percent of the dog. The thinning and blending part is part art and part science, but I am improving slowly I would never trust a groomer with my dog just like I don't trust my vet or any vet to take my dog out of the room to do "procedures," because I am just not that trusting. For that matter, I would NEVER leave my dog at a boarding kennel. There are only 2 people in the world that I would trust to look after my girls if I had to leave town without them. I know I sound like a borderline nutjob but I am not taking the chance of having my dogs mangled, maimed or terrorized by someone who is supposed to be taking care of them. I have heard too many horror stories and my dogs are not going to be one of them. Period.

Last edited:
Hi all! I've just picked my gorgeous cocker spaniel up from a new groomers. I told her exactly what to do and how I like her is not shaved but scissor cut and thinned only at the sides, I've come back to a fluffy chopped spaniel that is certainly not the cut I asked for. I am really fussy as to my dog and feel this person has just charged a fortune for not listening to my request.

Will her coat grow back specifically the skirt and feathers??
Hi there. Did her coat grow back the same way? Ho long did it take?

Back