Barking for no reason

Joannaw

My cocker spaniel is 1.5 years old and we have had her since she was a puppy she acts differently with myself and my partner when I am on my own with her she barks at me for absolutely no reason wether it be for attention or boredom who knows but she does not do this when my partner is at home with her? Can anyone give my some advice please?

Is it possible she feels more assured when your partner is at home? Believe it or not my cocker spaniel barks when I'm preparing food in the kitchen. He'll run to the door or window and bark at nothing. I think he's hungry and believes I'll reward him for scaring away would-be robbers. See if there's certain situations when she barks.

What's going on when she barks? The first thing that occurs is she's trying to get your attention. My cavalier barks like a thing possessed whenever we're going out for a walk. I think he's telling me to get a move on. ;)

She possibly does feel more assured when he is at home but I am unsure if that’s what it is because it’s like she is actually barking at me which is strange

What's going on when she barks? The first thing that occurs is she's trying to get your attention. My cavalier barks like a thing possessed whenever we're going out for a walk. I think he's telling me to get a move on. ;)
Nothin is happening i could be sitting watching television and she just starts barking at me

she is actually barking at me
So she does want your attention. Maybe she's hungry. I feed my dog a set amount of food. Once he's eaten I tell him "no" to remind him dinner time is over. It usually works. If that doesn't work, I would take her out in case she needs to potty.

Callie will bark at me if she wants to go potty. But, she'll also bark if she wants in a room we're not letting her in. We're still figuring her out.

Farley barks when I’m in the shower. If there’s ever really anyone there I’m not going to believe him. He’s the cocker spaniel who cries wolf.

Dogs do what works. If she barks at you for attention and you give it, she'll do it again. If its worked in the past and you don't immediately respond, she'll keep barking. You could try saying 'quiet' and rewarding the quiet or you could simply remove her from your area whenever she barks at you.

Or, she likes the sound of her own voice ;)

Back