Brandi - The best, most adventurous, sweetest, bad girl on Earth!

CathyB

I have a very petite American Cocker Spaniel named Brandi. She has a reddish/carmel coat, carmel eyes and a carmel nose. We rescued/adopted her from our local SPCA and, even though my son picked her out, she is absolutely mine. She was so matted when she was dropped off that the SPCA only knew she has part Cocker Spaniel. As her hair grew out it was obvious she was a beautiful, very petite ACS (6 lb upon adoption, 10.5 lb now).

She is my hiking and adventure buddy. I refer to her as "Danger Girl". She lives to climb hills, flush birds, jump off high rocks into water, and swim down rivers (even some waterfalls). She keeps our family in stitches when we are at our cabin.

She is not good around strangers and tends to wiggle sweetly up to people then show her psycho side. It is quite sad and proof that evil often exists in beautiful, charming packages. I keep her on a short leash because of this and stop people who are not polite enough to ask about petting before they do. She is very loving and loyal to all who she is familiar with.

Whe LOVES to play the "get me" game. She LOVES to make getaways when we do not notice that she is in the "pole position" at the front door. If we attempt to chase her she stops, gets in the "doggy playing" position, then runs like lightening. This is the only time that I hate her because it typically happens when we are on our way somewhere.

She longs to play with our porch cats (neighborhood cats that we feed and let in the house occasionaly) but the cats are NOT OK with this. She gets in the "doggy playing" position, and scoots around on her belly pestering the cats.

I love her BAD!Brandi in the Water.jpg Brandi in the Water.jpg Brandi in the Water.jpg

Attachments

• Brandi's first picture.jpg
    Brandi's first picture.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Brandi Angel.jpg
    Brandi Angel.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2015-08-19 22.07.09.png
    2015-08-19 22.07.09.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the introduction. She sounds like a great addition to your family. Please train her not to bolt. Mine did that and was hit by a truck ( miraculously nothing serious). Welcome Cathy.

What a lovely little girl. I agree with Manuel, be careful with her bolting. Like Manuel, many years ago we had a little girl that was on a leash and got away from my husband while he was walking her.. she was hit and killed by a speeding truck. We were devastated.

Welcome! Love the pics.

She sounds fiesty! Is there a way you can put a baby gate in the entry way so that you open the gate to get in the entry way and close it before you open the front door? Because we have small kids and multiple dogs, this is what we did. Especially with a dog that isnt good with strangers (and believe me I know about living with one of those too!) its really risky on several fronts to let her get out off leash.

Back