memorial Carmen's First Anniversary 11-2-2009

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
November 3, 2009 marks the first anniversary of Polly, Michael's and my Carmen's death. It's hard to believe it's been a year. Although she would have been going to California to live with Polly and Michael, missing her because she passed on is certainly different from missing her because she is with someone else. I'm sure the Bennetts and the Shepards will be grieving much tomorrow.
I'm sorry Polly that you were not able to put your loving arms around her and hug her like you so wanted to.
I'll not forget Carmen's love for me either as she had lied down next to me on the floor and made a bed out of my clothes, curled up and passed in her sleep three days after she had been spayed.
Carmen, aka CH Caroling's Peanut Butter Cup, we love you and look forward to seeing you again at the Bridge.
carmenurn.jpg

Last edited:
I realize how difficult this must be for both of you since Carmen's death was unexpected. At least with an elderly cocker you gradually come to terms of their passing. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

EDIT: That is a beautiful urn :luv:

Last edited:
In Loving Memory of Carmen

Carmen called to me. She had the most remarkable sweet face, and, I don't usually like females. She would have been my dog I'm sure. Her coloring was so much like my Bunkies.

Carmen was the start of so much. The start of the wonderful friendship that has blossumed between Robin and myself. The start of the friendships that Robin has made here when she followed me here.

Carmen was a giver. She gave us so much. But, especially she gave us each other. A part of Carmen resides above my head with the remains of Pak and Pook. She will always have a place of honor in my home, and she will be buried with me when I go.

I didn't get to hold Carmen, but, I feel that she holds me, every day.

Carmen gave me somthing else very special, she put a nudge in her momma's ear to give me Stormy.

I honor her memory. Carmen was a miracle.

((((Shepards and Bennetts)))) I'm sure Carmen is looking down from the bridge very happy with all the friendships she helped to form. She left her all people in very good hands.

I am truly sorry at the loss of Carmen. I'm sure it was a shock to you and everyone that loved her. Rest assured she is at the Bridge looking down and patiently waiting for her family.

Beautiful Carmen - 2nd year anniversary

:candle::candle:
11/2/2009
Carmen's second Anniversary
We miss you and love you, you beautiful angel.
Sweetness

You were the start of a wonderful friendship between your two Mommas
Thank you angel....​

Carmen was so special. Her unexpected passing was so tragic, but as sometimes happens, good things developed afterwards. Stormy came to live with Polly and Mike, helping to heal their hearts. And Robin and Polly became close as sisters. In addition, we cocker moms and dads got to know Robin ourselves, for which we are thankful. Carmen did not die in vain. That is all anyone can ask of our lives, canine or human, to do something that makes people happy. Carmen did it in her living and in her passing. She is smiling at the Bridge.

Hugs to all - Carmen's passing was sudden and unexpected. It's never easy to lose a companion, but those circumstances make it tougher.

Thanks all for the condolences thus far. Just wanted to share what I bought myself in memorial to Carmen and today's my first day to wear it. Plan on doing it every anniversary and her birthday at least. I love it.
4ac3cb82-5a1a-bf18.jpg

I am so sorry to read of this loss for both of you. It is hard enough when they get old or ill but when it is so unexpected it is hard to move past it at times, been there. RIP Carmen, you left a legacy of love.:rose:

Carmen was so special. Her unexpected passing was so tragic, but as sometimes happens, good things developed afterwards. Stormy came to live with Polly and Mike, helping to heal their hearts. And Robin and Polly became close as sisters. In addition, we cocker moms and dads got to know Robin ourselves, for which we are thankful. Carmen did not die in vain. That is all anyone can ask of our lives, canine or human, to do something that makes people happy. Carmen did it in her living and in her passing. She is smiling at the Bridge.

Very well said, Judy!

The pendant is lovely, Polly. I have one that you and two others from the AOL group gave me when my Charlie died. It has a spot for some ashes or fur. I had fur in it, and lost that part once while wearing it, which was very upsetting to me. (I do have more fur elsewhere.) But the top remains, and I wear it on the anniversary of his passing every year in March.

That must be so hard to find your baby like that. R.I.P Carmen:( . No matter how long it has being they will always be in your heart.

Back