Emergency Preparedness

I am very glad to have our own weather goddess in you, Dot. It's very nice to have someone keeping us updated, especially since we have members all over the country.

Thank you Karen. *blushing here* I am supposed to go and renew my NWS certificate Friday evening. I think that may be cancelled due to our anticipated visit from "Andrea". Blast her - she better not leave me a crap load of rain like Debbie did last year. Grrrrr. We have so many watches and warnings for the state that I fear they will run out of colors. LOL

Thank you Karen. *blushing here* I am supposed to go and renew my NWS certificate Friday evening. I think that may be cancelled due to our anticipated visit from "Andrea". Blast her - she better not leave me a crap load of rain like Debbie did last year. Grrrrr. We have so many watches and warnings for the state that I fear they will run out of colors. LOL

I was wondering if you ere going to get some bad weather from Andrea. Stay safe Dot.

Don't know about anyone else, but we're getting a ton of rain. My DS just called. He's on his way home from work and hydroplaned. He almost went off the road, but was able to get his car back under control. I've been hiding in my house most of the day.

Hope everyone stays dry and safe!

Lots O' rain. 3-1/4" which is nothing compared to the 17"+ we got from Debbie last summer. I am very thankful for that. Some wind and a few small tornadoes bounced around but all in all it wasn't bad for us.

dizzy - Are you on the east coast that is getting raked by whats left of Andrea? Glad your DS made out o.k.

Ugh! 108!? Thankful for my grey, nothing-much weather. Overcast, might hit 70. Yay Western Washington!

Supposed to get up to 108 degrees today. Not exactly an emergency but there is a heat advisory.

Karen...you all be careful in that heat. Last year on a day like that while outside doing some light yard work my husband got very dizzy and felt he was passing out,I started putting cool water on him and we got him inside and cooled down. He had never had any problems with being outside in the heat but when it gets over a 100 can be dangerous.

Dot, yep, I'm on the East Coast. We got about 4" of rain. My garden LOVED it. Me, not so much. ;) But, thank God, we didn't get the winds and thunderstorms that others got. And, since it's been fairly dry, we didn't have the flooding that we could have had.

The worst flooding we've had was a couple of years ago w/Irene came thru. We had had a ton of rain just B4 that, so the water levels were really up. Several bridges were either washed out or damaged-including the one around the corner from me.

I am very glad to have our own weather goddess in you, Dot. It's very nice to have someone keeping us updated, especially since we have members all over the country.

I agree Karen...I can always come and learn more from Dotty's post than watching TV for hours :)

The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Moderate Risk of severe weather Wednesday afternoon and evening, including the development of widespread damaging winds, large hail and a few tornadoes, over parts of the Upper Midwest & Ohio Valley. There is a Slight Risk for severe thunderstorms from central Iowa to the Atlantic coast, as well as for much of Montana and parts of northern Wyoming.

Love ya, please be careful.

Thanks! We are under a severe threat tonight in SW Ohio. There are warnings for a derecho ( a big wind event like we had last June 28).

Oh Becky...please be careful and save safe!! Prayers for you and your family!!

That derecho last year hit just south of here. I could not believe the devastation that it caused. It looked like a war zone. There are still places the trees were never cleaned up.

Back