Eye stains

Colwinston

Hi
My one year old working cocker has always had heavy eye stains. She is black and every day gets hard eyes stains. She doesn't seem to be in pain and the eyes look OK. Should I be worried?

Depending on the shape of your cocker spaniels eyes, eye stains might not be uncommon. Some people will try something like “Angel Eyes” or a similar product and that might help. I wash my cocker spaniel’s faces with a wash cloth and warm water daily and I seem to be able to keep the eye boogers under control.

I would ask your vet to check them out on your next visit. I agree with Karen, also depends on how active your cocker is and what
she does. She might have allergies also.

I’ve been thinking more about this and I too would suggest you consult your vet. Cockers can have eye conditions that may contribute to the discharge from your dog’s eyes. They can have dry eye or allergies which can be managed with drops. Sometimes they have eyelashes that may rub across the eyes. If that’s the case, your vet can probably use a laser to remove them. Anyhow, it’s worth getting it checked out.

Back