memorial Gabby has passed away

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
My Best Friend For Over 15 Years

gabbysbest_sm.jpg

You know, the best part of my day was coming home and seeing Gabby at the window waiting for me. If my wife was awake, she'd let Gabby out on the porch and he'd wait vigilantly for my arrival. As soon as I pulled up the drive, Gabby would make a dash to my car. No matter how rotten my day was Gabby's morning greeting would always cheer me up. I'll miss that the most. I can't tell you how much I regret not having another day with Gabby. Cherish the time you have together with your furbabies.

INITIAL POST: I'll edit this post later and write a memorial for Gabby. Gabby has not been doing well with many different health issues. He's been very weak, nauseous, barely eating, and couldn't keep down his heart medication. Poor Gabby lost so much weight. I had him put to sleep at noon. No more pain. No more suffering.

Sleep peacefully my little angel.

Last edited:
It's been an emotional drain. I feel as though I've been grieving Gabby's death ever since I found about his bad heart valve. I've never cried this much over anyone or anything.

I'm so sorry Manuel. It's never easy. At least you loved him enough to let him go. He'll be waiting for you at the bridge with tail a waggin to greet you. Please know my thoughts are with you and yours.

It's been an emotional drain. I feel as though I've been grieving Gabby's death ever since I found about his bad heart valve. I've never cried this much over anyone or anything.

((((Manuel)))) You loved Gabby and he was a woven into of the everyday fabric of your life.

A candle lit for Gabby from here in Northern CA.

:candle:

Oh no.. omg

I'm so sorry Manuel -- I knew he was on borrowed time but the subject came to me as a shock. My heart goes out to you and your family.

He's finally whole again, a pup, being naughty and running with his ears flappin in the wind.

RIP Gabby

Oh, Manuel, I am so sorry about Gabby. He was a special little cocker. He brought us all together. RIP our special angel, you will be missed. I bet Rainbows Bridge has never had so many furbabies there to welcome on of there own. :candle::prayer:

Manuel, I'm SOOOOO sorry about Gabby's passing :( I know he was so special to you, and you've been dreading this day for a long time. I'm sending you and Cathy major hugs and will keep you in my prayers. Spend time with Hoshi to help ease the pain. And please do share a memorial with us when you have the emotional strength to write it.

Thank you for your warm thoughts. I spent this week at home with Gabby instead of working. I was hoping I could turn him around with some TLC. My wife and I debated whether to put him to sleep: She was for it I was against it. Yesterday, I realized how far gone he was so I made the decision. Having Hoshi has softened the blow. He's there to comfort us. :luv:

Manuel
I know what he meant to you. Your love of Gabby is what brought us all together at MSM and now here.

Gabby was a tribute to cockers, and, you are a tribute to cocker owners.
Manuel we are here for you and yours.

Gabby you are young again, running and playing and watching over your loved ones.

Manuel, I am so sorry to read that Gabby has passed. I had a feeling after our talk the other day that you have been preparing for this moment. I am sure by now that you know that no amount of forethought or preparation makes it any easier. You had many many wonderful years with Gabby more than the average person does. He was the luckiest dog in the world. That many great years come with a price and that is an especially big hole in your heart when this day comes.
I was doing a Google search on Cocker Spaniels and ran across your blog about Gabby. It was evident to me right away from the pages and pages of pictures that this was a person that was absolutely devoted to their dog and the dog to him. It was the main reason I joined this forum.

As Hoshi's breeder I feel so lucky that one of my pups is in your home, if he receives 1/100 th of the love you felt for Gabby...he will be the second luckiest dog in the world.

You have made many friends through Gabby and we are here for you now.

My heartfelt condolences for you and Cathy.

On no. I'm so sorry, Manuel. There is nothing nothing NOTHING more difficult than saying goodbye to our little ones.... no matter what the reason may be. Gabby was loved very much, and he will live on in your minds and hearts till you meet again someday.
Run free Gabby. God bless you.

When I read the thread name I had to make sure I read it right.

Manuel, I am so very sorry to hear about Gabby. I'm sure this was a tough one for you.

I did a double take on the thread title and went - what?

OMG Manuel I feel so bad that you had to let Gabby go. It is so hard when you have a special one that has to leave you. I am so sorry. The tears I am crying are for you.

May God bless you.

RIP Gabby - run free little one. :rose:

Please accept my most profound condolences for your loss of Gabby, Manuel.

Manuel, I'm so sorry. I don't think there is really much more I can say that hasn't already been said. Along with DotinFlorida, I did a double take on the title of the thread. Gabby was the dog that brought us all together - God bless his little soul.

Manuel, I am so sorry at the passing of Gabby. Please be comforted knowing he is free of pain and running free, ears flapping in the breeze.

You loved him deeply and he loved you deeply. That is a bond that cannot be broken and will keep you connected until you meet at Rainbow Bridge again.

Rest in peace little Gabby.

:candle:

Thank you all for your comforting words. I was surprised to find Gabby's cardiologist sent flowers.

Attachments

• gabbys_flowers.jpg
    gabbys_flowers.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 50
Back