memorial Gabby has passed away

I am so sorry for your loss. You gave Gabby a great, long and happy life.

It was very thoughtful of his cardiologist to send flowers.

Manuel
How thoughtful and wonderful. Bunkie's doctor sent me a pawprint and some hair which was wonderful since I don't have his ashes.

So sorry Manuel,
may Gabby be chasing butterflies and bunny rabbits across lush green pastures, pain free, happy and whole.

Manuel:

I'm so very sorry to read this sad sad news. It is never easy to lose a pet, especially one as loved as Gabby. In time the pain will get easier and you'll remember the good times with him. I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Run free, Gabby, run free.

Here's a poem my sister sent me when I lost my beloved Cinnamon. It speaks to what all of us feel about our dear little dogs.

Take care,
Nicole

Pets

They give love
without question,
without condition.

They warm your life
with a touch or a look.

They tickle your heart
with their playful games.

They're always there
when your need them,
no matter what.

Don't call them pets...
call them friends.

My favorite poem when Odie went to the Bridge was "A Stump For a Tail". I read it a hundred times and printed a copy with his picture above it and keep it out.

If you don't have this poem, I will be glad to send it to you.

Manuel and Cathy,

I am so very sorry to hear of Gabby's passing. The love between you is what started this whole forum, for that I am thankful. For the pain that your heart feels, I am so sad, there are no real words that will make it better, only the comfort you receive from those of us here,

RIP Gabby, may you fun free, whole and waiting at the Bridge. Candles lit.

Awwwwwwe! I just glanced at the subject title, gasped, and started tearing up and balling like a baby. :[ Is it weird I'm crying over Gabby? Clovie and I are very sorry for your loss. We enjoyed reading and learning about him, and he'll be forever in our hearts. Is Hoshi sad, too? :[

Carol. That was a nice poem--I looked it up just now. Thanks again everyone. It so strange not having Gabby home. Just yesterday I was in the kitchen and I half way expected Gabby to walk in. Hoshi does miss Gabby. Every time we went out on our potty walks Hoshi would wake up Gabby. Hoshi was a good influence on Gabby and a friend to him too.

Manuel I'm so sorry. I know you are grieving and it's hard to imagine life without Gabby. He is with God now and he can run, jump and play just like a new pup. My prayers go out to you and your family. I know that was the hardest thing to do, but you gave Gabby everything you had and as his friend, you knew when it was time to let go.

I hope Hoshi is handling it ok, I know he must also miss Gabby.

Manuel, please accept our condolences. Gabby was very fortunate to have you as his Dad.

Manuel:

First, I am sorry that I didn't see this post sooner.

Secondly, I understand and feel your pain. Each one we lose gets harder and harder. Gary and I still aren't over the loss of Leroy last year.

Please know that I am praying for you for peace. Gabby was well-loved and I'm sure playing happily and healthy at the Bridge with Leroy.:(

Tears and hugs to you. I'm sorry for your separation from Gabby - but it is just until you are together again. Right now Gabby is running free from pain and eating like a little cocker piggy.

Manuel, I am so sorry for your loss of Gabby. It is such a hard decision to make BUT we make it out of our deep love and affection for our dear friend and companion. May time heal the sorrow and pain in your heart and it be replaced with the wonderful memories you and Cathy have of Gabby. I will keep you both in my prayers for a gentle healing. Swift wing sweet Gabby.

Manuel, I never read this thread because it is so sad but today it jumped up and waved to me. I am so sorry. I don't post often but I do love reading about everyone's best friends and their experiences. It was so easy to see how special Gabby was to you and I understand your pain.

Thanks again everyone for your replies. I've been reading our site's memorials for 7 years and know how emotional they can be. I've cried reading many of them although I'm glad to have shared your experiences and your wonderful cockers. :luv:

manuel

im so sorry to here the passing of your sweet " gabby " what a beautiful best buddy gabby was. 15 years is a long time for our best buddys i know as my curly was almost 16 as you know and it is so hard to let go sometimes. you had a beautiful tribute for gabby. i still miss casper and cassie alot but cesar does put a smile on my face. you are right that we must spend and enjoy every minute with our best buddys cause you never know when they might be taken to the bridge. remember the memories with gabby and never forget them.

gabby will be playing with my curly,casper, and cassie and all the other fur pals at the rainbow bridge and there will be no more pain

once again im so sorry for your loss

ed and cesar
ajax

Manuel, I am so very sorry of the passing of Gabby. I am just now reading this post as I have not been around much and out of town. I am really very sorry - I know that you miss seeing him every morning when you come home. You are and your wife are in my thoughts and the girls send you lots of cocker kisses.

Back