Grooming Clipping Question

Kathy

Owned by
2 cockers
I have looked through the forum and can't find the post...but pretty sure I read some of you all use a blade to keep your cockers hair short. I have always used scissors and it can take quite a while to trim legs and body. Cole's hair is such an easy length to tend to and I would like to keep it like this through summer...it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. I think Polly,Robin and Kelly clip some of their guys this length...could you tell me what size blade or attachment you use? Thanks very much :)

DSC_5754.jpg

I was at a grooming expo a couple months ago. They did a demo on Amelia's mom. It was an attachment comb for the clippers that they used. I know they used Oster clippers and blades, I can't remember what attachment comb they used. They did a good job on her.

I'm no help - I hand scissor my guys. I've never gotten the hang of using clipper combs.

Thanks guys...I have never had luck with clipper combs neither. Was hoping it might be a blade that would leave it this length and be quicker and easier than scissors.

Robin is great with clipper combs. Stormy was good with clipper combs. I can use them on Pep but, not on Pogo.. you use a 30 or 40 blade under the comb Kathy.

To tell you the truth, I like sissoring myself also.

Thanks Polly...I only have #10 blades as I also use them on the minis...I was hoping their would be a "magic" blade that would cut this length ;) Guess I will keep using the scissors...I really like this length,so easy to take care of and good for the warm weather.

Kathy I'm going to ask Robin to check this thread for you :luv:

I know that sometimes I will use a 4F on Pepper's legs but it's shorter than Coles' Pep gets bathed weekly and now wears a
belly band to bed because of his age. So, it's just easier for him and for me. I don't brush him much anymore because he
isn't as comfortable standing anymore.

I do know the clipper blades need either a 30 or 40 blade.

Kathy I'm going to ask Robin to check this thread for you :luv:

I know that sometimes I will use a 4F on Pepper's legs but it's shorter than Coles' Pep gets bathed weekly and now wears a
belly band to bed because of his age. So, it's just easier for him and for me. I don't brush him much anymore because he
isn't as comfortable standing anymore.

I do know the clipper blades need either a 30 or 40 blade.

I'm a novice at trimming Cockers but have trimmed Kerry Blues for many years. A 10 will do most things, head/face, outside of tops of ears and under tail but for the main "jacket" a 7FC is best if only to trim the sides and blend in. A 4F is ok,I used to use it on the Kerries but leaves quite a bit of coat.

My trimming sessions with 14 week old Rosa tend to be only three minutes at a time,mind you,as she decides she's had enough after two minutes!

Back