memorial Happy 18th Birthday Isaac

Angel Lewis

Owned by
1 cocker
Isaac not a single day has gone by without me thinking of you. Yesterday you would have been 18 years old. I truly miss you deeply and I will never forget the day I adopted you at Humane Society on Mother's Day in 1993. You were the reason why I fell in love with cocker spaniels even though you were a mix with beagle. But you were the cutest thing when we brought you home, you had the biggest paws and the longest ears on that tiny little head and body. You tormented Teeka all day, you would just bite her tail and never let up. Teeka would just yell at ya to quit but you still went at it.

You were there for me when I had my major surgeries, when I had lost a loved one or when I needed to smile. I miss your antics even though you would aggravate us. You had some problems with your one back legs that you developed arthritis because you were abused as a new born puppy. There were days when you would fake it that you could not walk on your back leg so we would not have to put a leash on you, boy you proved us wrong. You would run away and you were not hurting, we gave up trying to catch you and few hours later we saw you run down to the side yard and then proceed to start limping like you were hurting covered in horse poop. Ugh you would run away daily to roll in and eat horse poop, I had to bathe you every single day.

I miss your beagle barks, your long black tail whipping away, you had a fetish with squeekie fuzzy toys and tennis balls. Everytime I see a tennis ball or a fuzzy squeekie toy I see you playing with it. Every year when we have our Christmas tree up, I see you sleeping under the tree.

You had ear problems, you were going blind and deaf. Almost every day you would have your bouts of ear episodes. A few times we had to rush you off to the vets because you caused your ear to bleed. You had to have blood drain from your ear flaps and on meds to help the ear issues and the vets never found the problem or even tried to find the problem. All said sew the ear shut not worth going through testing. It got to the point that you kept having the episodes and you would just go potty in the house during your ear episodes.

On July 12 2003 we had to make the hardest decision of our life. It was not fair to you to keep on going through it and it was not fair to us to allow it to happen. We pulled over 4 times debating on what to do. You were looking so healthy that day but we knew that if we kept you alive you would be suffering. Isaac I am very sorry that I had to let you go like this, I had made my self a promise years ago that my dogs will never go through euthanasia and you were the first to do it. I was feeling so guilty for months because I felt like I killed you. It took me a long time to finally find the peace in this.

I love you so much Isaac and I cannot wait to wrap my arms around you again with Molli and of course my guinea pigs.

Taken few days before he left us.
IsaacInWhatHeThinksIsHisNewBed2.jpg

He loved to sleep under our Christmas Tree.
IsaacChristmasDay4.jpg

His favorite thing to do during nice weather months
IsaacPorch1.jpg

Senior cockers are special. :luv: He sounded cute. I'm imagining him with his "Roo Roo" beagle bark and rolling in horse poo of all things. :) Thank you for sharing his story.

Thank you for sharing the story of your very special boy. It sounds like he was a wonderful puppers. :)

Manuel, your right he has the cutest beagle bark. He howls too if you make him and join in as well. The longest howl he ever did was 5 mins no joke then he started choking cause he ran out of air and water. lol

I miss him to death and your right seniors are awesome. Samantha is a senior and it is so nice to sit here and just talk away. They place their head on ya and listen with their ears moving away.

Back