Hello from N.E Tenn

Abby&Summer

I am the happy and proud owner of the most amazing and beautiful girl! She is now 6 months old and growing into her paws. I lost my heart dog on June 23. She was a precious little Maltese named Daisy Grace. She was 8 years old. I thought I was going to die.. I told my family that I could not go through that again. I lasted 2 weeks. I found my little girl advertised by a breeder in North Carolina. She was mine the next day!!
Her name is Summer Grace. I have had 1 other Cocker Spaniel and a mix that was more Cocker than anything else and I love the breed. Everything about them!!
I am having a problem with Summer Grace that I have never encountered before. She is very socialized and used to people. I work so I leave her at home for a while every day. She does not have separation anxiety. HOWEVER, when I took her to the groomers last week--her first time--I told the groomer who is a friend of mine that Summer knows, if she had and problems to give me a call. Summer walked in and Nikki took her, I signed the papers and I left. It wasn't 5 minutes till she called me and said Summer had freaked out. She was screaming, she peed and pooped all over her little self and Nikki. Her eyes were glazed and she was terrified. When I came into the grooming salon, she saw me and she perked up some. She also did the same thing with my son and daughter-in-law came into our home a couple of weeks ago. She was hyperventilating and it scared me to death.
Has anyone had that happen and if so, what did you do? Thanks for any and all advice.

Welcome Abby and Summer. Maybe Summer isn't used to being around new people and strange environments. She may need more experience with those situations. Try introducing her to new people and environments as much as possible so she feels comfortable. Make sure these experiences are positive by rewarding her with treats. Puppy classes are a good way to start.

Welcome
I agree with Manuel, and, get her into puppy classes.

Great idea! I hope the classes help. Also try taking her out a little more. One idea my vet told me was to take the pup to the outside seating area of a Starbucks. Take a supply of treats. When people approach you about your adorable puppy, ask them to give her a treat. That way she will associate strangers with good things.

Back