Hello!

PeasyBloom

Hello! I found this forum while looking for some grooming ideas for our pup and thought it would be great to have feed back from other Cocker people!

My name is Mary and my husband and I have two American Cockers, we live in Kansas. We have Jinx who is 10 years old and just pretty content to do nothing at this point in his life.
0F663EA0-AB98-40B4-A6E9-DD0A7BA2AB0D.jpeg
And Basil, who is a little over 3 months old and is just an intense ball of energy. The two are very different, which can be a struggle at times but for the most part Jinx tolerates his new little brother.
13F79881-826C-4480-9CAE-1F3BE1DA86AE.jpeg

Hello! I found this forum while looking for some grooming ideas for our pup and thought it would be great to have feed back from other Cocker people!

My name is Mary and my husband and I have two American Cockers, we live in Kansas. We have Jinx who is 10 years old and just pretty content to do nothing at this point in his life.
View attachment 12842
And Basil, who is a little over 3 months old and is just an intense ball of energy. The two are very different, which can be a struggle at times but for the most part Jinx tolerates his new little brother.
View attachment 12841
I’m new to this site also and am a cocker lover. My husband ( passed 10 years ago )
And I had cockers throughout our marriage
I am now retired and when my last little guy died ( about 8 years ago ) I got a little Havanese and she is a doll ( Stella ). She is now 7. Last Spring I decided that I wanted another cocker so I brought this darling little 8 wk old chocolate cocker baby boy home with me and my house hasn’t been the same since !! OMG !! He is a huge ball of energy and super rambunctious!! He’s constantly into something!! However, he potty trained easily and is the most affectionate cocker I think I ever owned. I’m simply and completely in love with him but he totally exhausts me !!! Maybe it’s my age and that I’m slowing down. Maybe it’s the fact that I don’t have a partner to help with him but he just still, after a year, has not slowed down much. I walk him and enrolled him in a daycare that does not crate They allow the dogs to play and run all day. This expends some of his energy. I take him twice a week. Just wondering if your baby has a lot of energy? On those daycare days he is nice and tired when I pick him up !! I’m waiting patiently for him to settle down a little. But, in the evening, he will climb up on the sofa with me and cuddle with his head on my chest while I watch TV and my heart melts once again and the fact that he just chewed up my favorite slippers is a thing of the past !!!

Callie kept chewing the buttons off the straps on my flip flops. It was always the left one. It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't all left ones! I could have put the good ones together, and made some new pairs. Instead, I had to keep buying flip flops all summer long. (Of course, if I had remembered to put them where she couldn't get them, it wouldn't have been a problem.)

Back