Helppp

Ash I'm not really knowledgable on Andis, but, I would go for the little more expensive ones myself. Even one speed.

I would be prepaired to spend about $100.

I would spend a little more and get a really good clipper. I have 2 both are cordless and easy to work with. I have a wahl chromado, which has an adjustable blade. I also have a Geib BC 200. Blade not adjustable so you would need to change the blades. I only spent a little over 100 on the Geibs.

AGC2 is a better model, Ash. There was a thread a few months back. At last, it's the model I have, and am pleased.

You're better off to shop on eBay for a better pair of clippers. Pet clippers don't last - so you'll end up spending more money in the long run. You can get good, gently-used equipment for a better price b

Sorry Ashlee...I don't think those would hold up for a Cocker. I used Osters for years but have switched to Andis and love them. I have the 2 and 5 speed pro excel,bought them both off e-bay,use them for cockers and mini horses and they have yet to bog down even clipping thick winter horse hair...I always make sure clippers have at least 4000 spm's to handle the long thick coats.

Ash I agree with Kelly. I also shop clippers on ebay and usually buy gently used ones. For me it's cheaper than sending my clippers out for overhalls since Vern nor I are handy. I will take my old ones and re-sell them on ebay for parts.

You can also shop thrift shops, garage sales and swap meets. I picked up a Wahl cordless for a friend of mine at a garage sale for really cheap($25), same as the ones I paid a lot more for, I am not sure tht they even used these clippers they were super clean. People buy them and then decide they don't want to clip their dogs themselves after all or their pupper passes away and they don't need them anymore. Just make sure they are clean (I would still disinfect them) and that they work.

I went ahead and bought the AGC2 clippers on Amazon (after tax and s&h: $163). They were more expensive on ebay (I kept track for a few days) with the exception of one but I need them sooner than the seller ships. And none were on craigslist. I had to use my credit card. This is the first time I've used it without being able to pay the balance back right away. I really hope these are worth it, and that I can pay the balance quickly. :eek:

Is there anything I need to know about them?

Good for u Ash. Glad u bought the better ones. They'll be worth it in the end. I love my andis.

Those are really nice Ashlee...but like all powerful clippers the blade will get hot,I just make a habit of touching them to my skin often. When you can...buy you an extra blade and you can just switch them when one gets hot. Also I use the blade cooling spray when doing dogs and blade wash when clipping horses...they both help cool the blades and also disinfects them.

When I clip horses I take ice in a plastic bag to the barn and lay my blades on it...they get hot really fast being outside and clipping there thick heavy coats so I have to switch blades often.

Those are really nice Ashlee...but like all powerful clippers the blade will get hot,I just make a habit of touching them to my skin often. When you can...buy you an extra blade and you can just switch them when one gets hot. Also I use the blade cooling spray when doing dogs and blade wash when clipping horses...they both help cool the blades and also disinfects them.

When I clip horses I take ice in a plastic bag to the barn and lay my blades on it...they get hot really fast being outside and clipping there thick heavy coats so I have to switch blades often.

Kathy, thank you so much for this info/advice. I will have to take breaks because I didn't think to purchase an extra blade or cooling spray. I will have to get them for future. I'll try the bag of ice like you said in the meantime!

:)...forgot,lay some paper towels on your plastic bag so blades will not stick to them. Also Kelly told us about using a ceramic tile...they work awesome, put in fridge before clipping to lay blades on (I have one that you set hot pots on,works great)...but they don't stay cool when I am outside at the barn so I make ice packs.

You can also shop thrift shops, garage sales and swap meets. I picked up a Wahl cordless for a friend of mine at a garage sale for really cheap($25), same as the ones I paid a lot more for, I am not sure tht they even used these clippers they were super clean. People buy them and then decide they don't want to clip their dogs themselves after all or their pupper passes away and they don't need them anymore. Just make sure they are clean (I would still disinfect them) and that they work.

@DJ's Three - Which model of Wahl cordless do you use/recommend?

My Wahls got dropped and are now broken, would cost as much to repair them as replace them. I am going to look into getting another set but am not sure which ones yet. I have a little pair of courdless Andies but am not happy with them as they do not hold a charge for long enough.

Back