Hi from the country part of New York

DiNNDiNAA

Owned by
1 cocker
Hi Everyone :)

Belle and I would like to say hellooo ... My name is Dina and my little lady is Belle , she is 3 months old and a bit feisty, teething, and stubborn and plays aggressive (nipping hard) with my kids (5,11,13) otherwise when it's just me and her she is the sweetest little pup and you don't hear s sound from her ... We are in the process of potty training and that's where her stubbornness comes in !!! I think we are getting the point but still not quite there ... she will get it soon What have you all done to potty train your Cocker Spaniels Please share any potty training tips , and stop nipping tips

Thank You

Dina

Hi Dina welcome to you and Belle from So. CA.
I would keep her on a lead and a very strict schedule with lots of praise and treats when she does potty outside.
As to the nipping, I would get her into a puppy class as soon as you are able. The classes are excellent for both the pup and you.
I don't have any young children, but, I think positive reinforcement, proper toys and also training the kids and Belle on bounderies
would be the safest.

Welcome Dina and Belle! Redirect her when she starts nipping with a toy. You can reward her with treats when she chews her toys. Like Polly says, keep her on a leash and watch for signs she needs to potty. Take her out immediately and reward her with a treat. My cocker Hoshi looks forward to going potty because he knows he'll get a treat.

Hi Polly ,,, Thank You for the advice ...I am going to start a puppy class with her in the next few weeks ..I had just missed the sign up and they will let me know soon as the next one starts. She is very gentle with me and when she does nip me I say NO in a loud voice and she stops ... When the kids say NO to her , she continues to Nip and it's almost like she is bossy .. She growls at them when they tell her NO lolol but we are working on the nipping ...we are just giving her bones and toys in place of nipping. I know she is teething , I've caught her a few times knawing at the feet of my wooden chairs and just tell her to Leave It and she walks away from it and I have her one of her bones .

I would keep her on a lead and a very strict schedule with lots of praise and treats when she does potty outside.
As to the nipping, I would get her into a puppy class as soon as you are able. The classes are excellent for both the pup and you.
I don't have any young children, but, I think positive reinforcement, proper toys and also training the kids and Belle on bounderies
would be the safest.

would be the safest.

Back