Hi!

Ginger

Owned by
2 cockers
Hi. I’m Ginger. About a year ago I adopted 2 Cockers from a rescue. I was told they are father and son and had been in a situation of serious neglect. They are now happy and healthy. I’m not really sure who rescued who! Ryder is the elder by a year and is now about 4. He was in pretty bad shape physically and was extremely traumatized. He is a lovely brown and white boy and is now a loving and affectionate fellow. Hudson is the younger and is now about 3. He is a black and white and is “personality rich”. He’s very adventurous and I often refer to him as a Cocker-cat-goat because of his curiosity and climbing ability. I’m happy to be here and look forward to getting to know you and your Cockers.

Attachments

• 915E0200-29FD-49E1-A39D-FF54FCD5DCA7.jpeg
    915E0200-29FD-49E1-A39D-FF54FCD5DCA7.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 83F7ADF7-11BC-430B-9E71-79763E0726FA.jpeg
    83F7ADF7-11BC-430B-9E71-79763E0726FA.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 4
Welcome Ginger. How is Ryder doing now? Thanks for adopting them.

Thanks, Manuel. Ryder is doing very well. He came to me with several problems, parasites, a nasty ear infection, and traumatized from abuse. We took care of the medical problems and he got lots of gentle care to learn to trust me. Other than a cateract on one eye, he’s now a happy healthy boy. He now plays with toys and wrestles with Hudson. He loves chasing a ball and thinks he REALLY wants a squirrel. 🐶 He vies for his share of affection. He went from a pretty scrawny 14 pound sick pup to a robust and active 25 pounds in this first year. Love my boys!

Welcome Ginger and Ryder and Hudson. Both are lovely boys. It's wonderful to watch the rescues blossom and learn to trust isn't it.

Indeed, Polly. Thanks. They will be getting their summer grooming next week. Both are pretty fuzzy and curly at the moment. Ryder does nt like being brushed at all so I may skip a day or two with him. He shies away from anything held in the hand that might be used to strike him. I can usually calm him by petting with my hand and switching to the brush once he’s calmed. But those pics were taken pre-brush LOL. Hudson likes to be brushed and when he tires of it, he puts his mouth on the brush to stop me. They are my joy and much loved companions.

Back