Hoshi's DNA tests are back

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Hoshi is a carrier of Von Willebrand Disease Type II. Embarkvet.com also generates a report for OFA certification but I don't know submission is mandatory or not. They also list Hoshi's relatives but you have to be signed in to see that. Check out his profile: Hoshi’s Embark Dog DNA Results

Thanks for the link. I’ve heard about the disease but didn’t know about the 3 types.

Very interesting Manuel. I see Hoshi is 100% Cocker Spaniel. LOL.

I had to chase Hoshi around the house and he'd take off when I put the applicator in his mouth. I don't know how but there was dirt in his mouth. AND THE TEST STILL WORKED! I send 2 perfect samples of my DNA to 23andme and they both fail. :rolleyes:

Glad to know Hoshi is a cocker spaniel! Now that you know about the bin willebrand disease you can keep an eye out and warn your vet to watch if Hoshi gets a cut or needs surgery.

Well I sure hope he never gets the actual disease. What else does this test show, besides what kind of dog he is.

On the link I posted it's mostly his coat and body type. I see lots more when I'm signed in. There must be a hundred genetic disorders Hoshi was tested for dealing with all his organs. His testing also contributes to genetic research of the breed.

I’ll have to look into it. Chase has been so sick it might give us some insight, thanks

VwD carriers dont get the disease. They can pass it on to offspring if mated to another carrier.

kind of neat looking at stuff like that.

Back