Is she a cocker?

She is beautiful, she looks very much like my female show cocker except yours is a darker colour. When I sent update pictures of my dog to the breeder she said her legs were long! Lexi's body hair is short but she has feathers on her tail, legs and belly.
Lexi is absolutely gorgeous I love her colour!!!! They do look quite similar, such a huge variation between the breeds.x

That is true she doesn't require any grooming at all, happy days. I do love those curls though!xxx
To me, she looks like a pure bred English cocker, her coat may stay the length it is, or it may still grow, her lines just may not be full coated, English cockers do not have as much coat as the American Cockers. My Pye's dam had a very sparse coat, so much so, that she wasn't shown, and she came from a long line of Conformation Show cockers, Pye's Sire is very full coated, and is a Champion of record, Pye's coat came from his sire's line.

I say count yourself lucky if you weren't planning on showing her in confirmation. You won't have a the trouble and mess the rest of us do. I groom my boys every 4 weeks, they are touched up and bathed in between. It's a lot of work!

Back