memorial Little Miss Muffet

Bella Rose

Owned by
2 cockers
Your birthday was in April, and now 2 years after I said goodbye I am still crying thinking of you. You were my everything.

I said goodbye to Missy on a Thursday afternoon in July. Since June when she had the first tumor removed from her lip, 2 more grew in her throat, 1 on her belly and the one on her lip also came back. I know that nothing could be done and I know it was best but I hate that she was so happy to get to come in the car that day.

I am still looking for her all the time without even realizing I am, and then I do and I start to cry all over again.

There is no walk time, potty time, cookie time, cuddle time, play time or bedtime anymore. I didn’t even realize how many things I did or how my lifestyle revolved around her. It doesn’t matter anymore if I leave every closet door in the house open or my groceries on the floor. I hate leaving the house because I know she won’t be there when I get back. I hate going outside because she is not with me.

For 15 years Missy was always with me. Through a bad marriage and worse breakup, being homeless and living in the car, moving all the time, to buying my first home and finally feeling safe enough to settle. I never felt lonely when I could hear her snoring in her bed at night, or looking in the mirror and seeing her in the backseat.

n595041467_276905_7221.jpg

missy2.jpg

I'm feeling heartbroken too after reading about your Little Miss Muffet. Thanks for sharing your times together with us.

It sounds like Missy was your heart dog - what a beautiful story with a sad ending.

My first Cocker had tumours in his mouth and throat (and all over his insides) . . . cancer just plain sucks.

Hugs for you on this tough day.

Missy sounds like she was a very special girl. The pictures show she sure was beautiful, too. I know you miss her; I still miss my Charlie, but the memories sometimes bring smiles along with the tears.

Sounds like she had a very close bond to you, that is something that lives forever. The hurt gets better but never really goes away......:luv:

What a beautiful gal she is. I am sorry that you are going through this. It is amazing what our dogs do in our lives and once they go to the bridge you start to feel that void.

My Isaac is my 1st heart dog. I had him for 10 years. He was with me through everything, my major surgeries, hardships and many more. He was by my side when I needed him the most. I searched for another black cocker like Isaac until Molli came to my life in 09. Lost her almost a year ago. Molli's death was so hard on me. Time will come when you feel better and knowing deep down inside that she is ok and waiting for you.

I am here if you need to talk. (((HUGS)))

Back