Meeting the sibs

Mel Blacke

We had a nice time Sunday visiting with Fiona's breeder at a nearby agility show that she was attending. She called and said, if we had some free time, she would love to see Fiona. So of course we stayed on a bit to see her do her thing with her dogs. She had Fiona's brother (from the same litter) and older half sister. I couldn't get over how much bigger they were than Fiona. Wow!! Hugo and Sybil were easily 50% bigger than Fiona. We traded our favorite dog stories about our dogs' idiosyncrasies. Turns out that Fi comes by that driven, energetic temperament honestly, she may look like her grandma but her temperament (and diminutive size) come from her mama. Here is a pic of all of them together.SIBS 2 (3).png

That's a great picture! Her siblings are cute. I'm surprised Fiona doesn't have tan markings as well.

Only about half of the puppies had tan markings like their sire. Her mom was a light blue roan like Fiona (that means mostly white with some streaking through the coat). Fiona has the same kind of coat--just more black patches and her white has a lot more streaks. You can't really see it very well in photos but Fi's white is shot with black streaks here and there which enhances the waves on her coat...it really is one of the prettiest blue roan coats I have ever seen---not that I am biased or anything:)

The doggie on the right is her sister, Sybil who is just the nicest girl and really laid back (unless you have a ball in your hand). She was there when I went to see the puppies and liked her immediately.

The following day, I got a really nice email from the breeder saying how much she enjoyed seeing Fiona as an adult and hearing about her madcap ways. It has to be satisfying for her to see how much her puppies are adored and cared for by the people that they live with. She has made the effort to keep up with the puppies as they have grown which speaks well of her as a breeder.

It's good to hear you and your breeder keep in touch. I like how she follows up on her puppies years later.

Back