memorial My Memorial is a Work in Progress

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
My Angels ashes have always resided above my pillow since we moved to our cabin. It is a work in progress... you all know that Tunie turned on a light above our television when she went to the bridge. We kept her memorial there till
I was ready to move it. I was ready this weekend.
The beautiful plush memorial is from Linny, the gord memorial is from Peggy. Some of my dear friends chipped in and had the stained glass memorial of Tunie done for me. Today I did the photo memorial. I still need to find Urns that I like. I'm thinking more and more to buy clay and have Vern sclupt them for me. Or perhaps make wood ones for me.
For now they are in the boxes they came home to me in. I don't have Puppy's ashes, we buried his in our back yard before we moved here and I fogot to dig him up. So, his ashes will stay there. I have a large photo memorial of Puppy, but, I have it here in my puter room and I think I'll keep it here. I do have some of his fur.
My angels here above my head are: Puppy, Patrick, Pookie, Petunia, Pumpkin (Bunkie) and Carmen.
Full View....
The painting my Mother did for me. I'll never forget, Vern offered to paint a space ship in the bottom corner, I told Mom, she never let him forget it LOLOL... I'm married to an artist... LOL.. his junk is slowly spreading... as you can see
memorial1.jpg

You can see on the gord, I put Tunie's favorite sunhat..
I have their feeding dishes, not sure yet where I'll put those..
memorial2.jpg

You can see my very special cocker candle. I light that when special prayers are needed.
You can see my "bucca" jar... filled this time with home made peanut butter buccas :)
See Stormy's scratches LOL.. he always tells me when it's time for a bucca.
Oops! I forgot to remove the cough syrup! Rite Aids own brand! :naughty:

Beautiful dispaly! If your looking for something real special I can suggest that you visit www.furbabiesbysue.com Sue can take photo's of your furbabies and create wonderful images for framing. She was able to combine one for me of Tasha 1 & Tasha 2.o

tashaX2.jpg

Thanks Gordon! I have seen her work before, beautiful digital work. I can do digital work also, but, mostly I like to use my paintbrushes.. Although I have never painted my own dogs. I don't know why.. I just never have. If you would like to see my work, you can see it at PollysPortraits.com ... I do watercolor art.

ah polly it looks wonderful,,,the boxes hit home,,,My bastian's ashes is still in his as well,,he went to the bridge in May,,,and I cant seem to make myself open it yet.

Polly, you are indeed very talented! I just showed Gary your site and he wants to "commission" you to do some painting for us. Tasha 1 passed 2 years ago this month and I still have not opened the box her ashes came in. I do touch the box every morning to say hello. I found it helps with the healing.

It's hard, I know. Go at your own pace. It helps.
It'll be three years next month for our Carmen.

{{{{Robin}}} I was thinking of our beautiful girl when you walked her son to his Championship this month.
Gordon thank you. Just let me know whenever you are ready. If you are on FB send me a friend request. You can link to my painting page there also.

Wanna hear something pretty neat Polly?
Hershey's mom, (for those of you who don't know)Carmen, got her WHOLE Championship in ONE WEEKEND. I thought it was fitting Hershey should get 4 majors in one weekend to finish and complete the required 15 points(he actually ended up with 16 but who's counting!).

Wanna hear something pretty neat Polly?
Hershey's mom, (for those of you who don't know)Carmen, got her WHOLE Championship in ONE WEEKEND. I thought it was fitting Hershey should get 4 majors in one weekend to finish and complete the required 15 points(he actually ended up with 16 but who's counting!).
Wow wow wow, I knew she was beautiful inside and out! And, of course, my GrandPuppy did almost as good as his Momma! Ahhhhhh those browns!

I like the idea of Vern sculpting an urn. That would be very personal. You have such lovely wood paneling.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

It is lovely Polly and I agree Vern sculpting would be very nice. I have never been able to cremate my babies so I don't get to take them with me, but I just can't do that.

287.jpgOh my goodness, what a nice tribute to those you loved and those who loved you. I have been avoiding this section. It has been a little over a year since we lost our Sundance, don't think I'll ever get over him. I am crying right now as I write. When we lost Nick, he was 13 and although you never are ready, he was 13. But Sundance only 4, I thought when we got Butch and Sundance that we wouldn't have to go through the pain for many more years, it was/is tough. We did bury Nick in a sweet white baby casket in our back yard. I always have felt kinda guilty about that, he hated it outside. We have Sundance with us in a tasteful urn on the end table in the living room, also inside are his collar and a lock of his hair. Dianne, I just couldn't creamate Nick either, but after having Sundance done that way, I really like it better. We also had Mark's pointers, Doc and Tutt urned and have them with us in the living room too. I have come to conclusion that pleasure comes with pain and although I expected more pleasure with Sundance he did enrich our lives for 4 years and we won't forget that. Diane

Last edited:
I went with cremation for all of my pets and myself, perhaps I’m just selfish. When my time comes all of my pets will be combined with me and we will then spend eternity together.

The only baby I didn't have creamated was my Bunkie, because he had so many health problems, I donated him to our teaching vet college out here. I kept some of his hair, that will go in his urn whenever I decide.

I did remember that I painted my Pak very early on, when we first moved into our cabin. No background on the painting, it's of him laying and chewing on a chewy. I didn't like the way I did his feet, looks kind of like a blanket over him, but I nailed his markings. He was a beautiful cocker/springer mix. I think I'll have Vern frame him in a wooden frame and I'll have him hang him over Tunie's glass memorial.

Manuel, thank you for the compliments on our paneling. It's very warm looking. A lot of these cabins up here have it. Ours is as snug as a bug in a rug LOL.. We are a little crowded, but, that's okay, Vern is a pack rat, comes with being an artist I think.

That is very nice, Polly. We have ours on the mantle. We have their ashes in the boxes they were returned in, along with their collars, a favorite photo or two, and a lock of their fur (except Brittany, our first Cocker - I was too distraught by the suddenness to think of anything). We are not planning on living here for too long, so we wanted to be able to take them along when we move.

I saw it in the other thread Becky, your memorial is beautiful. I was talking to Vern earlier today and mentioned that I wanted him to frame my painting of Patrick and he reminded me of the one he did of Tunie and Bunkie, so, we will frame and hang both of those in our memorial.

Thank you all, it really helps. I'm going to ask Linny to post some pix of her memorial of Joy, it's a shadow box with her favorite dress in it in a corner, it's just beautiful. She does have some trouble posting pix here with her iPad so she can send the pix to me and I'll post them for her.

Back