memorial My Sweet Girl Dixie "I will always Remember"

Kathy

Owned by
2 cockers
I will always remember the day we picked you up at the airport and what a beautiful baby girl you was. Each time I held you and the kisses you always gave me. The long nights of crying and I thought we would never sleep again. The first night you slept all night,I woke up and had to check on you as I thought something was wrong with my little girl. Shortly afterwords you moved to our bed and slept with us every night. The funny way you would slide yourself to the top right between us. Your soft kisses that woke me each morning and the sweetness in your eyes always ready for a new day and a new adventure.

I will always remember what fun we had at puppy class and how everyone including the trainer fell in love with you. The funny way you would crawl to me on your come command with you butt high in the air as everyone was laughing at you including me. How easy it was for you to learn and master all your commands. How you looked forward each day to our training time. The day you graduated and how proud your Daddy and I was of you.

I will always remember when I had my accident and had many surgeries to repair my shattered ankle and leg. The tears you washed away when I spent weeks lying on the couch unable to walk. You were my only friend as the world kept turning and I could not be part of it. The weeks of therapy it took for me to learn to walk again and you were there each painful step I took. The slow easy walks you took with me and never once pulled on your leash or ran ahead of me. How careful you were never to jump on my leg as it healed and how you always knew when it was a bad day. How you loved to play but on those days you would lay quietly with me. Months later how happy you were when we could take long walks again.

I will always remember how funny you were and how you could pull out your toys faster than I could pick them up. How you always helped me with the laundry and would so proudly bring me the item that you pulled out of the dryer as we folded clothes together.
How you waited so patiently for me to slip you a treat from the dinner table and how could I resist with those gorgeous brown eyes looking up at me. What a special little lady you grew up to be,one that was so gentle and loving and one that knew me as well as I knew myself.

I will always remember my dear Dixie the morning you would not eat all your breakfast and asking you what was wrong. I worried about you all day and that night when you would not finish your dinner I knew something was wrong. The next morning when we went to the vet and all the test they run on you,assuring me you would be fine as you had never had a sick day ever. The call I received when your blood work was off and they needed to talk to me. The evening they told me you were having kidney problems,I thought I was going to pass out in the office and don't even know how I got home as I was crying so hard. The next morning we started you on treatments and each morning I took you to the vet,you never complained not once.

I will always remember our last morning as I knew in my heart you was not getting better and taking a turn for the worst as your kidneys were failing. As hard as it was for you...you came into the bathroom and laid at my feet as I got ready for our vet trip and when I reached down to get you...you had passed. I cried so hard I thought I could not breath and could not believe within such a short time you were gone. Quietly and peacefully you passed and once again watched over me as you knew I could not stand to see you suffer. Once again you never complained or even made a whimper.

I will always remember you and not one day goes by that I do not think about you. Even though your 8 years of life was cut way to short I thank God for each day and all the joys we shared together. Your love was very special and will never be touched by another,you were an angel that was here for me through some of the hardest times of my life and not once did you ever complain,you just kept loving and being your cute little self,always there and always happy.

It has taken me over two years to bring another cocker into our home but you know I need one to be happy. He is a good boy and does so many things that remind me of you. He loves to climb on the dryer and must pull something out every time just like you did. Even though he runs with it,I know one day he will proudly bring it just as you did. Each day that passes he looks more like you. I see you in his eyes sometimes right before he kisses me softly just as you did and it brings a smile to my face knowing you are there still watching over me. Till we meet again my dear Dixie I will always be thankful for everything you did for me and "I will always remember"
View attachment 7612

Last edited:
My Sweet Girl Dixie "I will always Remember"

What a sweet story. Brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet little girl. I lost my Pumpkin to kidney failure. Carter's life was cut short at 8 yrs old to liver failure.

Kathy.. what joy and what sorrow. She was a special girl, now she is a special angel.

Thank you all so much!! All of my pets throughout my life have been so special but Dixie was the one that touched me most,the one that was so human and the one that loved like no other. She indeed was such a special child.:wub:

How dear you are Kathy... I am so proud to have you as my new friend, and to have my Elvis and WedWed be your godkids.... my tears flow for dear ^Dixie^ .... I know she was the happiest girl ever, and at the Bridge she still watches over her Mom... and I am sure she had a paw in bringing Levi to you!!!!!!

I believe you will see ^Dixie^ again..

HUGS

Such a beautiful tribute. I have always believed our babies find us or are sent to us. I believe in my heart that Levi was your gift from Dixie. Tears flow only because we understand the connection between us and our pets...it really is unmeasurable! Hugs to you Kathy!!!!!

Awww....thank you Judy and Heather. It was so hard to write and it took me many nights as I would get so upset and have to stop, but after reading the beautiful tributes here...they helped so much by giving me strength to carry on.
Dixie was one very special little girl who will be deeply etched in my heart forever. :wub:

My parent's most recent dog was lost at 12yrs and healthy except for liver failure. I know it's hard because I know Cleo seemed perfectly healthy and bright but she was in pain :(

Beautiful tribute!

Thank you Paige....it did happen so fast,one day she was bouncing around like normal,next morning she would not eat...several weeks later she was gone.
She was so special and dear to me...even after two years it brings tears to my eyes to think about her.

Last edited:
What a beautiful tribute to a very special cocker. It brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you were able to welcome another cocker into your life. I hope you have many happy years together. Hugs!!!!!

Thank you so much Becky...your wonderful book inspired me to write about Dixie!! :wub:

That was a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing Dixie's life with us. :luv:

Thank you Manuel....The love that is given by Cockers never ceases to amaze me.

Back