New CockerMom

Lady Guru

Hi all 🙋
I'm new here and my hello comes all the way from South Africa!

I'm a soon to be spaniel mom, my little boy is coming home on the 8th of August and I've already started the naming list. I'm getting him a bed with his name on it and personalised collar as well, I like to be prepared 🙌
I want to bring him home and just make sure he feels cosy and doesn't miss his old home or his litter too much, he will have all the spoils...bit first, he needs a name.

Any ideas? Or suggestions?
He is a light coloured English spaniel (will probably get darker and golden with age)

Hello. What's it like in Africa? How did you end up there? I've named my dogs from personal experiences that were meaningful to me.

Hi and welcome! Most of my dogs have had names that start with the letter P.

Haha I'm Indian South African, born and brought up in South Africa :)

I looked at him and said that's my Aldo but my husband said that's a strange name... He wants Charlie lol. I have 2 sons, Aryan and Aarav and I wanted my third son to also have a name starting with A

Well you do have a theme going with the letter A. I usually like to meet my dogs first and a name comes to me but everyone has their own way of coming up with names.

Hi all 🙋
I'm new here and my hello comes all the way from South Africa!

I'm a soon to be spaniel mom, my little boy is coming home on the 8th of August and I've already started the naming list. I'm getting him a bed with his name on it and personalised collar as well, I like to be prepared 🙌
I want to bring him home and just make sure he feels cosy and doesn't miss his old home or his litter too much, he will have all the spoils...bit first, he needs a name.

Any ideas? Or suggestions?
He is a light coloured English spaniel (will probably get darker and golden with age)
Congratulations! You will inevitably fall deeper and deeper in love with your new little boy! You may want to wait and name him when you have him for a day or so. You may get an idea from a certain little thing he does or a particular way he acts. However, I’ve had 4 cockers. One was an English blonde Spaniel and we named him Simon Sabastian
:) Our next was a smaller American Cocker and his name was Dylan ( after Bob Dylan ) whom myself and my husband loved Our third was Olivor. We loved the movie. And my present little boy who is a year old I named Stanley ( after Stanley Kowolskie in Streetcar Named Desire). I have a little Havanese I named Stella, she’s seven. I’m sure a name will come to you after you look into those beautiful dark eyes a few times !! Can u tell that I am totally in love with this breed? I am forever in love !!! Good luck and keep us informed of your new little guy !

Back