memorial October 13, 1998 ::::Puppy::::

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
puppy.jpg
He was the start of our love affair with the Cocker Spaniel. We called him Puppy. Or, Buck..
He was a beautiful cancerous old geezer, but, the love of my life! We were blessed with him
for over 8 years. He had heart trouble and visited the vet an average of once a week. His heart didn't kill him, his meds killed his kidneys & liver did.

We used to drive from the Hollywood Hills every Saturday to Sylmar to hike with my sister and bil.. a 4 hour hike in the foothills of So CA.

I can never forget the day a student at Occidental College walked thru my office with him slung over her shoulder... that was it! He came home with me.

It was an adjustment for Michael, he never had a dog before. But Puppy won him over.. Michael became a fierce lover of the breed...

Michael used to yell :::::Guard Dog Duty!:::: And Puppy & Pookie would run up our stairs to the door to our landing and wait there shaking... Michael would open the door and they would go out and bark at the UPS or Mailman!

What fun we had with Pup! He taught us how to love the Cocker Spaniel!​

Thank you for sharing the story of your first cocker. A love story for sure. I was an instant convert just like Michael. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your story about Puppy. They will always be in are heart even when there over the rainbow.

Thank you for sharing your story of Puppy. What a wonderful time you had with your special boy. Hugs to you, he will always be near.

RIP Puppy, thanks for sharing the memories Polly. I can just see them waiting, all awiggle, for that door to open.

Back