memorial One year ago today!

Angel Lewis

Owned by
1 cocker
Molli it is hard to be believe that a year ago we lost you. You were very ill and when we found out that you had advanced liver disease. You had declined so rapidly in the 5 hour period at the vets. We had a few options to try to help you, I asked the vet what the percentage rate would be for getting better with the medications. He did not really give me a good percentage number that I knew that you were too ill to even fight that it was best to end your pain. Molli I never thought I would loose you in 1 year after taking you into my arms. It took me a long time to stop crying anywhere I am at until you gave me a sign that you are happy and much better.

Molli you were a tiny little thing when you were placed in my arms, you were the cutest thing anyone could ever see. You clung onto me the ride home, and all through the house. You would cry for me if I disappear for a while. You were under weight, very fearful and covered in dead nix. We did not care, all we cared about is you getting better. Every day we would work on your trust with food and bathing you every other day to get rid of the dead nix. Every week we would see improvement in you. What killed us the most is that you did not know what toys were or how to play with them. Every day we would throw them at you, get you to chase them and get Samantha to play with them so you can see what toys are. It took you 4 months to realize that you can play. I could carry you around like a little stuffed cocker spaniel. I loved buying you shirts for you to wear since you were so tiny and cold a lot. Every time I would pull out a shirt you would do your puppy dance and sit so pretty to get your shirt on. After 1 year of working on your trust and fear you had improved so much that you were not so fearful and you were making so much progress.

Loosing you was the hardest thing I could ever go through. I never grieved so much with my other passed dogs and when I lost you I had it hard. Your daddy said to me that it was because I took you in and mothered you for a full year and few weeks to get you better, I took care of you like you were my child and I cannot have children, so I take care of all my dogs like my children. I miss you so much that every time see pictures of you I get teared up.

Molli in her Beach Bum shirt with a hoodie
SDC11287.jpg

Molli and Samantha in front of our Christmas tree. Molli's first Christmas with us.
tn_molli2.jpg

I love her topknot
SDC11190.jpg

Molli and Samantha sleeping together.
SDC11098-1.jpg

Molli all bundled up for winter walk
SDC11174.jpg

Elf sized
SDC11149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sending prayer of comfort to you on this very sad day,,,she looked like a wonderful girl,,,and thank you for letting her last year here be one of caring, tenderness and love.

She was beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss she was very lucky to have you.

Back