memorial Our Memorial

BeckyA

Owned by
7 cockers
Here is our memorial on our mantle. It originally was on top of a bookcase, but it unfortunately got too big and I had to move it. Everyone has their ashes in the original box with their name on it, their collar and tags, a favorite photo in a special frame, a smaller photo in a heart shaped frame, and a lock of fur (except Brittany, our first Cocker).

Brittany has a few little things with her name on it, like a Christmas ornament. Barkley went to the Bridge after Brittany. They were both 11. Bubba once won a calendar contest, so we have the calendar with his photo on the mantle. He got liver cancer at age 14. Buffie was our permanent foster Cocker. We only had her for ten months, but she was very special. She was 13 years old and had kidney failure.

I had already hung our son's senior pictures and Navy picture in the center when we first moved here. The small quilted brown and tan Cocker Wall Hanging was made by Linda!

Memorial1.jpgMemorial2.jpg. Memorial.jpg

Last edited:
It's very beautiful. I like the painting above the mantel.

Becky what a wonderful memorial! I love the boxes you have their ashes in.

It is actually a tapestry with three Cockers. I bought it on Ebay to support another Cocker Rescue.

It is actually a tapestry with three Cockers. I bought it on Ebay to support another Cocker Rescue.
I have the same one as a pillow, my dear friend Jo on this forum sent it to me. It is beautiful.

Loving these pictures. Their collars, all worn in, are so touching.

Loving these pictures. Their collars, all worn in, are so touching.
That is a nice idea saving the collars. I have one of Gabby's somewhere. I think we have one of our Shar Pei's somewhere too. I haven't had the heart to throw it away.

I have all of our's collars and their feeding dishes. Yesterday I found some great frames at the thrift store, so, Michael will frame the paintings for me. I'll take pix of them when he hangs them for me.

We have all of our past babies collars, tags, county tags too. It is quite the collection - total of 36 years worth of tags and their various collars. We have it all stored in the garage.

You all are a lot stronger than I. Don't think I would be able to have all their stuff around me all the time - it's hard enough for me to look at their pics.

Dotty, I don't look at it all the time. It is in the family room where I spend lots of time. I go over and look at it once in a while and touch their collars and things. That always makes me sad.

At our old house, we had a memorial for our oldest grandson. I never set it up again when we moved seven years ago. I couldn't stand to see it every day. I just have his photos out now and that makes me sad enough. Chase would be 14 now and in High School.

I have Buddys and Butters ashes on a shelf in the dining room. I glues their last sets of tags and name tag to them. We also have ornaments for the tree for all four boys and a special one for Buddy when he passed. I still have to get one for Butters. I still have pics of them all over the living room. I have some frames for pics of Rusty, just have to print some off.

So beautiful and so very special Becky. I love the collars and tags of all of your beloved babies.

This is beautiful Becky! I have Libby and Wokker's ashes and trophies and such I still need to set up with Polly's painting of Libby and Giles...I didn't have Giles' cremated because we were in such a rush I didn't have time to even think about anything.

I too have the collars of my babies since being on my own. Dagmar, Zjaquara, and Skye's are all hanging in the garage...can't bring myself to display them inside. And it feels so very wrong to throw them out. So they are hanging with all the other leashes, and such.

Back