Polyps in Cockers Ear, after removal our sweet boy has facial paralysis

Jameson

Owned by
1 cocker
Hello and thank you so much for reading this post. I am desperate to connect with any Cocker Spaniel mom/dad who has dealt with Polyps in a Cockers ear. We have had a series of traumatic events and our sweet boys face is now paralyzed post surgery. I would love to connect with anyone who has experiences ear polyps and the removal. He's on serious medication which we would like to dwindle down but would love some advice. Please message us and we will send you the full story. Thank you so much for your time and kind response.

Polyps on the ear flap are common and removed without much difficulty. I can't image it causing paralysis. Is it possible he suffered a stroke? Have you brought this up with your vet? It's important. Why did you tag this "ear infection"?

Polyps on the ear flap are common and removed without much difficulty. I can't image it causing paralysis. Is it possible he suffered a stroke? Have you brought this up with your vet? It's important. Why did you tag this "ear infection"?
Thank you so much. He has had a chronic ear infection with the Polyp. The location of the Polyp was in his inner ear. We have not discussed a stroke, I will look into this. Are you aware of an inner ear Polyp condition in cockers? There is no research on this and our vet has explained that it is very rare in dogs.

My dog had a growth removed from the opening of his inner ear along with part of his outer ear with no issues.

Back