memorial Poor Cassie

scotia

Hi again, I haven't been on here for a while now, it was too painful as I lost my 11wk old pup, it's only now I can even look at other dogs again.
My dog Ben (an English Cocker Spaniel ) died of a seizure at 9yrs of age last year and after a while I got Cassie another cocker spaniel, I had posted a few times about her. The first day we left her alone to go shopping she was dead when we got home, the vet thinks she may have vomited and choked to death.
We were only gone about an hour and it was awful when we found her. As you can imagine the whole family was devastated and it affected me really badly as it was so soon after losing my lovely Ben.
I'm able to look at other spaniels now and not start crying like an idiot :)
In fact if they weren't so hard to find here I'd like an American cocker as I have seen so many nice dogs on here.

My condolences on the loss of your puppy. That's really rough coming so close together like that. :candle: :rose:

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's always doubly hard when it's unexpected especially with a new puppy. doG speed Cassie.

I'm sorry for your loss. :luv: Which one is Cassie? You posted last July about bringing Cassie home. Was this 11 week old pup new?

Thank you all for your kind words.
Manuel, Cassie was a little black and tan pup, we got her at 8wks from a very good breeder and I think we were just really unlucky with what happened to her.
I've never had a dog die like that so young, it was awful.
I'm missing having a spaniel around now.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Such a tragedy to lose her so soon. Where do you live?

Aww that would be heart wrenching. Have you talked to the breeder, maybe they have another pup that hasn't found a home yet? Or is this too early for you.

Thank you, I think fellow dog lovers understand better than most about the loss of a dog.
Canada -eh, I'm in Scotland.
I am thinking of getting another spaniel, but OH isn't so keen on the idea, I'm working on that though :)

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news about your little Cassie. (((Hugs))) being sent to you.

I am thinking of getting another spaniel, but OH isn't so keen on the idea, I'm working on that though :)

Start leaving cute spaniel puppie pictures up on the computer, or get a calander with spaniels on each month. Those little faces are so hard to resist.

They are the best for when one is sad. Coco is right at my side when I am upset. He licks the tears aways and snuggles with me till I tell him I'm ok. He's like my little protector.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. What a sad loss :(

My favourite saying is "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" LOL

My thoughts and prayers are with you. What a sad loss :(

My favourite saying is "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" LOL
Kelly! Just what I was thinking!!! Works for me all the time :)

Scotia I still remember the beautiful pictures you shared of the men in kilts!

Im so sorry for your loss. We put a 13 year old lab down last year and now our 10 year old beloved mutt will be soon both due to cancer. One thing I can say, as a person who has had animals my whole life and rescued several, we have always givin our pets the best lives possible with lots of love and a family to be a part of. I know both our your babies must have known that pure love from you. I hope one day you can open your heart to another animal as there are so many that need to know what its like to have a great forever home. Come back and be comforted. Healing vibes coming to you from our gang

Back