memorial Remembering Kalli and Kalvin

Roo729

I love my spaniel
Owned by
1 cocker
Kalli came into our lives in 1991. She was a birthday present from my husband. We were young and knew nothing about picking out a dog. We found her in the newspaper. She was so adorable, but a little tempermental, especially after the children arrived. She was better after the second child arrived and soon bonded with him and they became inseperable. She was such a joy in our lives. We couldnt imagine life without her, then at the age of 10, she started getting sick and we found out she was filled with cancer and was having massive seizures. We knew what was coming. The most dreaded decision ever. We were lost without her. We didnt think we would ever be able to love another.....until...............

A couple months went by and my second son (who was then 5 years old) kept wanting to see Kalli one more time. He couldnt understand, so we decided to get him another dog. This time we found a breeder and that is when KALVIN came to us. I still remember the day my husband and I went to see him. He was sooooo cute. We fell in love with him instantly. He was great with the boys. Unlike Kalli, he was a lover. He wanted to be held and cuddled. Dont get me wrong, Kalli was our first and we loved her very much, but she was a more independent dog. Kalvin didnt have a mean bone in his body and was so well mannered. We were devastated when we lost him at the age of 7. He acquired an auto-immune disease (from what we believe was over-vaccinating from our then vet). It was the most heartwrenching moment when we had to tell our youngest son that we had to let him go.

Both dogs gave us much joy and they each had their own unique quality. They will be forever missed.

Attachments

• Kalli.jpg
    Kalli.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_0174.jpg
    100_0174.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 49
I can tell your a cocker lover. It's sad their lives were so short especially when they were such a dear part of your family. Thank you for sharing your memories of Kalli and Kalvin. :luv:

Back