memorial Sad anniversary

KLADCkrs

Owned by
3 cockers
Three years ago today was the last time I looked into Quigley's brown eyes, seeing his pain and wisdom and love and request to be let go. Three years since I've felt that silky head under my hand, and since I've heard his cacophony of grunts, groans and moans.

Quigley was a good dog. Sometimes he did bad things, but he was so good. He had the heart and soul of a lion, but the temperament of a lamb. He loved all people, especially Tashie. He cared deeply for his people, and never hid that fact.

In the end, he succumbed to cancer . . . it took him long before any of us were ready. But I will be forever grateful for the time we had together. He was one heck of a dog.

Attachments

• Quigley_Tashie.JPG
    Quigley_Tashie.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 61
I love the picture. If every there was a family dog, Quigley was it. Thanks for sharing a little bit of Quigley's life with us.

Every dog is special and every dog leaves us way too soon. No one is ever ready for that day.

Oh Quigley was so loved!!! I know how much you adored that boy.

His heart will live on

Aww Kelly, your Quigley sounded like one heck of a dog. I agree with Linda.. I hate these kinds of anniversaries. But remembering them this way is one way of keeping their spirits alive in our minds and in our hearts. I think of mine every single day and always will, until its my time, and I know you and the rest of us do the same.
God bless your little boy. He's waiting and he'll be there for you.

Isn't it amazing how good they make us feel with their unconditional love? I truly feel for you Kelly on your anniversary. I'm sorry the cancer took him from you.

Back