Separation anxiety or boredom?

I have a shorter whip I brought in. She was having a blast playing w/the end. Then, she got ahold of it while I was in the shower and chewed up the tip. I don't know that I can fix it. Oh well.

I have a shorter whip I brought in. She was having a blast playing w/the end. Then, she got ahold of it while I was in the shower and chewed up the tip. I don't know that I can fix it. Oh well.
That's a puppy for you!

That is why I zip tied a toy to the end of it so she can chew the toy when she catches it to her heart's content. Still, there was the time when I left Fiona in the yard for less than 4 minutes and she sheered off the last 5 inches or so by the time I got back to her. I just made a double knot on the end and re-zip-tied the toy to it and I made another trip to the feed store to buy another whip. The once-broken one is our back up and I keep it in the garage. If the garage door is open, she will run into the garage and sit staring at it longingly....for like 20 minutes at a time.

I'm not even sure how old the whip is, but it was pretty old, so I'm not worried about it. I'm not sure what if anything I can do to fix it. And, I haven't had time to try.

We have one of those too for inside use....she has an almost sick obsession with the squeaky toy on the end of it...lol.

Back