Shampoo Suggestions

ApolloShadow

Owned by
2 cockers
I've always tried to just avoid the face of my dogs in the bath but I was curious as to what everyone uses for shampoo, especially for the face and ears.

My two don't generally get greasy ears but the crowns can (probably from all the petting!).

Does anyone use face shampoo or anything specific? I use furminator shampoo/conditioner (... I love the smell) but I don't want to use that on their face because it's not formulated for that.

Would baby shampoo work or should I find a face shampoo?

I have always just used whatever the rest of them get, just avoiding eyes. Does your bottle say not to use on face?

Reactions: Liz
I use blueberry facial on Amelia and Forest the cat, or any other buffs that might come for a visit. I like it, it really cleans well and is gentle around the eyes. Can be used on dogs and cats. The other facial shampoo that I like is espree facial cleansing foam. That one is a nice gentle one as well. It rinses off nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meant to say Southbark's Blueberry Facial.

No, but I know at work we use it undiluted and we aren't supposed to use it past the ears.

The face shampoo we use at work is safe for eyes/ears/even if they swallow it. They just don't sell that brand in the store.

The regular shampoo I never use on the face. I use it on the ears but that is it. You would probably like that facial foam shampoo by espree. It is gentle, it rises off nicely and it cleans.

I've been using soaps made by this woman for the past 18mo http://www.soapmakermonica.com/

Its cut my bathing time by 1/3 + because it rinses SO cleanly and leaves the coat soft and fluffy w/o having to use conditioner. For the face, I rub a smidge on my hands and clean that way then carefully aim the shower nozel parallel to the face so it doesnt splash in the eyes.

I met her at a farmer's market I happened to go to while on vacation in FL last year and bought a bunch based on my cousin's recommendation. LOVE LOVE LOVE the stuff. I dont think I'll ever use anything else.

Back