Tool storage

Debralee

I was wondering how those of you who do your own grooming store your tools. I bought an Andis clippers and a few separate blades but they just came in a plastic package. I'd like to keep the blades from banging around in just a storage box. I thought of getting individual small boxes from The Container Store and putting everything in a handled tote.

I have a 2 drawer file cabinet that I keep everything in. I have to admit that I keep my blades in a small square tin after I clean them lol. My combs and brushes and scissors I keep in a cute little bucket that I can carry from room to room if I want.

Last edited:
All of our gear needs to be kept mobile as the house is too small for dedicated grooming space. We have a set of Andis Clippers and I keep the ceramic blades wrapped so they don't bang all around in the case. I too have considered getting a separate container just for the blades. We just keep ours in a metal tub about 1.5 feet wide and dig for whatever tool case we want. We have a lot of stuff: At least one of every kind of grooming tool known to canine kind...lol. Dandie Dinmont coat is part art and part science---there is a whole set of esoteric tools just for this purpose--I won't even get into it. The beagle needs the furminator and mars coat king and a horse soft rubber curry comb for her legs (she sheds 3x what the other two do, put together). Fiona needs shaved and scissored and thinned and every once in awhile the 30 mars coat king for the body. My sister used to be a hairdresser so she made it her business to find out what gear should be used on each dog.

I keep everything in a fishing tackle box except for brushes. I try to separate items in the bins. I keep it in the basement but some of my blades get ruined from rust. Great question by the way.

It's been a while but thanks for the input. I ended up putting the blades in a small plzstic box and then everything in a Rubbermaid bin. I've only groomed Freya once, just puppy clipping her. She was getting impatient with me so she looked a bit raggedy but it soon grew out. I've seen her stand perfectly still for the groomer at Petsmart. The little stinker knows I'm a newbie at it lol!

It's been a while but thanks for the input. I ended up putting the blades in a small plzstic box and then everything in a Rubbermaid bin. I've only groomed Freya once, just puppy clipping her. She was getting impatient with me so she looked a bit raggedy but it soon grew out. I've seen her stand perfectly still for the groomer at Petsmart. The little stinker knows I'm a newbie at it lol!
Yup! I do everything grooming wise on my two boys, but, I'm afraid of clipping nails. I always have been. So off to the vet they go once a month or so for nails. Boy do I understand where you are coming from. They sure do know.

Back