What type of Cockerspaniel do I have?

DaisyWilde

This is my first Cockerspaniel.. She was adopted. The previous owners did not give me much info. I was hoping someone could tell me what type she was besides parti. Which was all a vet could tell me. Her eyes are half brown and half blue.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1485191838849.jpg
    FB_IMG_1485191838849.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 33
  • FB_IMG_1485191753791.jpg
    FB_IMG_1485191753791.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 35
  • FB_IMG_1485191644974.jpg
    FB_IMG_1485191644974.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 31
You have an American Cocker Spaniel. She is a parti cocker. She is actually a black and white parti. That means there two or more solid, well broken colors, one of which must be white. Hence, black and white parti. Her eyes are unusual. I wonder if she might have a little Merle. Merle's tend to have a blueish coat and they tend toward blue eyes. Merles are discouraged because if two merles are bred the puppies can have health issues but I don't think you'd have to worry because she's not a pure merle even if there's a little in there. My rescue, sort of, Farley has a little merle and has no problems.

Welcome Daisy. You're puppy is cute. I agree with Karen. She looks like an American cocker and they shouldn't have Merle traits for the reasons mentioned.

Thank you so much! The eyes and parti color is what through me off. I am very happy with her, although I did not want her. I happened to respond to a Craigslist add in hopes of adopting a dog. I ended up taking her home even though she was not a male or the breed I was told.. They had her living in a basement without light, in a kennel. I got her home and immediately made a vet and grooming appointment. She had ear and eye infections, a skin issue from being moist, and paw rott. Her paws never developed calluses (which I was unaware of) sooo.. After she was healed from the previous owners. I took her outside to play with myself and neighbor dogs.. She ended up peeling her paw pads by the end of the day. (But the whole time never stopped to act injured, or unhappy, her booty wiggled just as hard as her tail) So into the emergency vet we went.. For more antibiotics and other needed items.. and given instructions on how to build calluses. Every morning she would bark and chase the light through our home.. I gave it about a month before I took her back to the vet for this odd behavior. I assumed it was due to living in a basement without windows. Well she had to be tested to make sure something wasn't majorly wrong. Turned out it was what I had assumed.. She just was overly happy to see light. Because her odd chasing of light eventually stopped. Now it has been three years and thankfully no health problems.. But at the beginning there was a lot of health issues.. and $$$$ large vet bills.

Thank God you found her. That Craig's list ad was really odd if she didn't even match the description. I'm guessing her paws were already injured from sitting in urine 24/7 in that basement crate. You didn't realize it until she started walking out in the open. You should have reported the owners to the authorities so they don't harm any more pets. I hope they're not breeders.

Thank goodness you took her, poor baby. Some just don't realize how expensive it is to adopt a rescue sometimes, it costs more than buying a puppy from a show breeder. Most of
my rescues went directly from the shelters to my vet and never came home for under $500 to get them healthy.

My main concern was getting her home and away from those people quickly. I have worked in shelters before. My fear was if I contacted authorities. She would of been taken to a shelter were she would sit untouched until after the court date. Then get vet care and a partial grooming. Just to wait for a person to adopt her. It is also in my experience people over look the senior dogs, especially if their main color is black. So I decided not to contact anyone. Now she thinks she runs my house and hits me with her paw if I don't share chicken.. So it worked out well for her. Ha ha ha

My main concern was getting her home and away from those people quickly. I have worked in shelters before. My fear was if I contacted authorities. She would of been taken to a shelter were she would sit untouched until after the court date. Then get vet care and a partial grooming. Just to wait for a person to adopt her. It is also in my experience people over look the senior dogs, especially if their main color is black. So I decided not to contact anyone. Now she thinks she runs my house and hits me with her paw if I don't share chicken.. So it worked out well for her. Ha ha ha
Wonderful :heart:

Back