Where do you bath them?

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
I've been using the utility sink in the basment for bathing Gabby. Gabby really doesn't fit in it comfortably so I ordered a pet bath for the basement. I'm hoping it will work out better than the utility sink.

EDIT: I do wash him in the driveway when it's warm out.

Attachments

• bath.gif
    bath.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Manuel that bath you ordered looks great! Funny, Linny and I were just talking about this earlier!

I'm lucky.. my kitchen sink is old fashioned, not a double sink, I just add a pet hose and I'm good to go! It's just the right height also.

Last edited:
You'll like the booster bath Manuel and so will Gabby. I had my Dad install me a regular bathtub in my garage on legs to wash my doggies in so I'm not on my knees washing.

You'll like the booster bath Manuel and so will Gabby. I had my Dad install me a regular bathtub in my garage on legs to wash my doggies in so I'm not on my knees washing.

Robin I just figured you took them one at a time with you to work to groom them.. so you do your crew at home?

Now.. let's discuss dryers!

Once I bought the little airforce dryer.. it wasn't worth the money.. looked like a cute little red & white dog house, and blew warm air but took forever..

I now use a regular people hair dryer.. It has a warm setting with lots of power.

I put their "bath robes" on them for about an hour after drying with towels, then blow them out..

What do you all do?

Robin I just figured you took them one at a time with you to work to groom them.. so you do your crew at home?

Most of the time I do them at home. Once in a great while I'll have some extra time at work and have Hersh with me so he'll get one at work, but not very often. Besides, get to watch tv while doing baths and grooms at home as there's one of those in the garage too!^_^

Oh man, I would LOVE to have a Booster Bath! I'm jealous Manuel :)

I have a Utility Tub that I set up in my small bathroom in the basement on bath days. It fits into my stand-up shower.

Polly, I'd use the sink too if it wasn't a double sink. I love the picture. Those 2 are making faces ^_^

I was thinking about getting a dryer too. When possible, I towel dry Gabby then take him for a walk till he's slightly damp otherwise he feels to need to plow our rug with his face. That's not practical now with freezing temperatures. Wouldn't you just love one of those commercial dryers that cost hundreds of dollars? One thing I noticed with those high pressure dryers is they draw a lot of electricity. One of my groomers would have to unplug stuff so she wouldn't trip the circuit breaker. We had our circuit breaker updated a few years ago so I'm hoping it won't be a problem. Here's a pic of a commercial dryer :drool:

EDIT: Ok, I might as well have a dryer too. I ordered a Bear Power Dryer. It looks sturdy. It's the second picture.

Attachments

• dryer.jpg
    dryer.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 45
  • mydryer.jpg
    mydryer.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Tis the bathtub for mine! Eventually I want to get a utility sink in the garage shower since it's not used anymore. Don't generally blowdry the pooches.

I use the bathtub too. I did get an attachment with a fitting that screws right into the pipe by the shower head. A hose and sprayer can be attached to the fitting. Boy has that thing paid for itself! When DD had her achillies tendon/ heel surguries she was so grateful to be able to wash her hair with it. Next home project after the bookcase/ cabinet project is finished is a big sink and cabinet in the laundry room to wash the dogs.

Polly, I'd use the sink too if it wasn't a double sink. I love the picture. Those 2 are making faces ^_^

I was thinking about getting a dryer too. When possible, I towel dry Gabby then take him for a walk till he's slightly damp otherwise he feels to need to plow our rug with his face. That's not practical now with freezing temperatures. Wouldn't you just love one of those commercial dryers that cost hundreds of dollars? One thing I noticed with those high pressure dryers is they draw a lot of electricity. One of my groomers would have to unplug stuff so she wouldn't trip the circuit breaker. We had our circuit breaker updated a few years ago so I'm hoping it won't be a problem. Here's a pic of a commercial dryer :drool:

EDIT: Ok, I might as well have a dryer too. I ordered a Bear Power Dryer. It looks sturdy. It's the second picture.

I know what you mean Manuel. My sink is a godsend, really. I love the idea of a dryer that is hands free.. but I won't spend hundreds of dollars on it now. And, like you Shanron, in the summer, I let them air dry. They get cold in the winter so I do blow them out.

I had for years kept the leg feathers shorter, like my avitar picture. But, lately I have let them grow a little. I also let backs grow in a little on Pogs and Stormy. Pep is shaved because of his skin and Tunie also, if I let her back grow she looks like a mop LOL she is so tiny.

I use the LAUNDRY tub I have in the basement.
I tell Hannah if she gets any fatter she will not fit in it.
It dose work fine tho so far. I use to have a picture of her in it but with all my computer problems I have not many pictures at all on my computer anymore, will take another one this weekend as it is past trim and bath time forsure.
Anita

I've been using the utility sink in the basment for bathing Gabby. Gabby really doesn't fit in it comfortably so I ordered a pet bath for the basement. I'm hoping it will work out better than the utility sink.

EDIT: I do wash him in the driveway when it's warm out.

That is pretty cool...you seen what I use, a regular bathtub on a platform and enclosed on 3 sides.

Clinton Oaks said:
That is pretty cool...you seen what I use, a regular bathtub on a platform and enclosed on 3 sides.
That must really come in handy for you. Very nice work area, tiled too.

Anita said:
It dose work fine tho so far. I use to have a picture of her in it but with all my computer problems I have not many pictures at all on my computer anymore, will take another one this weekend as it is past trim and bath time forsure.
Hold on to your old computer. You'll be able to save all your pictures and files if your hard drive still works. Ask the service center at Best Buy if they could transfer your files to another hard drive for you. They could even put them on your new computer.

Mine climb into the bathtub here, but someday I'd like to get a larger utility sink for the laundry room. Then get a hydrosurge. Those things are awesome.
I have the metro air-force dryer to blow off their coats. Works well, but LOUD.

I use the bathtub for all three. I wish that I had a wash tub in the laundry room but this works. I get them clipped at the groomers but lately I have been thinking about buying new clippers and doing it all again. I already have a table that I love and an older dryer. Because I keep them in a puppy clipp drying them is really easy.

It can get a little funny on grooming day. My laundry room is pretty big as it use to be a bedroom. This is where I keep my bird cages (I have four) and on grooming day the birds get to watch the process. Fidget, my best talker, is also very concerned about everyones well being and watches closely while I dry them. When the dryer goes off he will pipe up with the same question "are you alright" to whoever is being groomed... always makes me smile.

That is what we had at my mom and dads when I was growing up. Dad built it in a downstairs laundry room with a ramp for the big dogs. I actually used it wash down the filly of a pony that we had after she slipped and got muddy in a fall during the early spring. It was too cold to bath her outside and she was too young.

I so wish I had one now.

Last edited:
I have the metro air-force dryer to blow off their coats. Works well, but LOUD.
I plan on using ear plugs with the new dryer. Those things are loud. They sound like a shop vac.

I used to use the laundry room as my grooming area. It has a nice size sink in there, where I would give them a bath, but it's sort of become a catch all room and has too much crap piled in there now.

We just use our tub in the bathroom now. Ugh, you should see us trying to get up off our knees after having a tubby marathon. Every now and then I wonder what would happen if we put 2-3 dogs in at one time. Hehehe, remember being a kid and taking a bath with your sister/brother or cousins? My parents have some funny pictures of us doing that as kids and I bet it would make for a comical day if we did that with the dogs. OF course the room would take 2 days to dry out afterwards.

Back