Winter Threads

lori

Owned by
2 cockers
Any suggestions on winter wear for inside/outside for the dogs? It's cold and snowing already here in MN :)

I'm interested too. My mom's dog has short hair and he's cold all the time.

This is who I have used for years. Her coats last and last. Mine wear them during the winter inside and outside. I have fleece once that they wear outside and cotton ones they wear inside. She
doesn't make the cotton ones anymore. I am thinking of getting one for Maddy LOL.. not sure how that would work out..

Items in Judy's Unique Dog Coats & Scarves store on eBay!

Also, our Nicole makes beautiful ones, they are designed for show dogs with linings that won't matt the long coats.
She isn't on here often anymore, but you can contact her through our FB MCS page.

This is who I have used for years. Her coats last and last. Mine wear them during the winter inside and outside. I have fleece once that they wear outside and cotton ones they wear inside. She
doesn't make the cotton ones anymore. I am thinking of getting one for Maddy LOL.. not sure how that would work out..

Items in Judy's Unique Dog Coats & Scarves store on eBay!

Also, our Nicole makes beautiful ones, they are designed for show dogs with linings that won't matt the long coats.
She isn't on here often anymore, but you can contact her through our FB MCS page.

I was looking for Nicole's FB page. Wasn't is Cockature or something like that? Can't find it :( Thanks, Polly!

Thanks Karen! I got in touch with Nicole and getting a couple of cool jackets for the dogs :)

My beagle is elderly and while she sheds like a fiend, the hair on her legs is rather thin and single-coated so after doing some research, I bought her a snowsuit which covers all 4 legs and leaves the "necessary equipment" hanging out and doesn't interfere with or impede its operation, so to speak. The brand name is Hurrta. They make a couple of different kinds of dog coats. I am buying one for the puppy to keep her "feathers" ice free and fend off most of the mud for her Sunday runs at the farm.
Slush combat suit - hurtta.com
Microfleece jumpsuit - hurtta.com

Yep they are pricey however they are very practical. They also have several sweaters and other coats each just for fun. I have a cute pic of the two older girls in their snow suits....my beagle in the microfleece and my sister's terrier in the slush suit (she has a really heavy undercoat). I will post them here later, I can find them.

My beagle is elderly and while she sheds like a fiend, the hair on her legs is rather thin and single-coated so after doing some research, I bought her a snowsuit which covers all 4 legs and leaves the "necessary equipment" hanging out and doesn't interfere with or impede its operation, so to speak. The brand name is Hurrta. They make a couple of different kinds of dog coats. I am buying one for the puppy to keep her "feathers" ice free and fend off most of the mud for her Sunday runs at the farm.
Slush combat suit - hurtta.com
Microfleece jumpsuit - hurtta.com

Yep they are pricey however they are very practical. They also have several sweaters and other coats each just for fun. I have a cute pic of the two older girls in their snow suits....my beagle in the microfleece and my sister's terrier in the slush suit (she has a really heavy undercoat). I will post them here later, I can find them.
Those are cute! I'd get them just for the photo opportunities.

hahah! We bought them for practical purposes but they look really cute on, too!! The microfleece is adjustable and warm....she gets depressed when winter sets in really hard in Ohio if she doesn't get outside to use that nose. I wait for a nice sunny Sunday or Monday and go to the park mid morning and it is usually deserted in the deep snow.....except for the squirrels that are out doing their thing. She can hassle the tree rats and "sing the song of her people," endearing us to the folks who live at the edge of the park...... lol. I leave the car running so it is nice and warm when she gets in and keep a couple of blankets to warm her. She is only out of the car 10 or 15 minutes but I can tell that it means the world to her....she always perks up after that. This winter, puppy will be joining her on these romps.

Here's my boys yesterday.
Boys_zpsaypjdoyo.jpg
Pye4_zpsdfhrwbjq.jpg

How charming do they look.....Is it Pogs or Pye strutting his stuff in the second pic.....Definitely GQ cover material!!

Back