Wood Pin Brush

My brush came today...it is a very beautiful purple and has a very soft grip to it and very light weight and I "love" the rounded tips. I have brushed Cole with it and he keeps coming back for more...lol I do not think it would remove bad matts but it is a wonderful finishing brush,smoothing the coat and it does not cause any static,will be great for drying. The large is a very good size for Cockers.
View attachment 8511 View attachment 8512 View attachment 8513

Last edited:
Wow, very nice Kathy, that did not take long at all. I did order mine as well, got the pink large one, it is a great size for cockers. Anxious to try it out.

I got my brush, a pretty pink one (large). I brushed Amelia with it, I do like it. It is not as hard on the skin. It seemed to work well, I don't think it breaks the hair.

Wow...you got yours fast also,they are very gentle, glad you like yours,I bet the pink is very pretty.

I know that was fast. They are gentle I. The skin. I heard that they help with static, so that will be interesting to see. The pink is very pretty:).

I highly recommend the wood pin brush by Christensen.....I have the large one in a couple of colors, pink and purple. I bought one a few years back and the other one last year. They look the same for wear. I also recommend the brass pin small brush because it is so helpful with static. The pins are long and will lift the fur. My dogs like both kinds. I have Greyhound boar brush and I like it too. Never thought about ebay for those products ...will have to look.

You will really like it, Deborah. So far I still like it, very gentle on the skin and does not break the hair, which is great. Joyce, I do really like the greyhound brushes as well. The greyhound pin brush is really good. I am showing Amelia again at the end of this month. My wood pin brush will be with me. :)

I agree!! It was the brush I had been looking for,very gentle and the boys love it,very nice to start out the young ones...have been thinking about getting one for my mini horses, I think it would work well for them also. Joyce,I will check out the brass tip pin one also. I have greyhound comb and boar hair brush,love them both.

Cordelia doesn't understand that I will keep brushing her with the old brush until the new one gets here :p

OMFG. I don't have a new hair brush, I have a whole new dog!!!!

I must have been the worst dog mom in the world to use that old pin brush.

Question am I'm missing a bristle, is this wee hole supposed to be here?

Sorry, forgot the picture.
tusu9y3u.jpg

Yes, there's always a little hole in the pad. It's so that if the pad collapses in on itself, it can spring back up.

I am so glad you and Cordelia like your new wood pin brush!! I really like mine also and it has a little air hole in it just like yours ;)

My old pin brush didn't have one, but I do feel like I must have been torturing my dogs all these years.

I don't have the wooden pin brush but I do know what you mean, Deborah. When I got better grooming tools I thought Wow! This is what they use at the shop to make my dogs look so good. No comparison.

Back